Ch. 12: I feel a bond

Billy was beginning to worry. How come Phoenix,  wasn't showing up the next Christmas morning? At first, he just waited. Nothing happened. He needed answers, and it looks like it can be only found in one place: Dino Mountain.

-" Man, did anyone crank up, the heat in here; or it's just me?" Thought Billy Hatcher as he scampered to the Phoenix's "nest ." Actually, it was more like a huge castle made from dried molten lava! Staring at that monument, not only blew his mind, but made him feel smaller than Chick Poacher.

-" Hello? Is anyone in there?" He asked as he went inside.

Just then, out from the depths of that place, a grey phoenix, with slightly orange feathers swooped over, causing Billy Hatcher to duck.

-" Billy Hatcher, I need your help."

Billy got confused.

-" Uhh, who are you?"

-" I'm Allastor Eggwhites, Phoenix's father. My daughter told me all about you."

Something was off about the way he spoke.

-" Wh- what happened to her?"

Everything changed, when Ura-Ura, brought fourth a golden egg.

-" I tried... to stop them..." Ura-Ura said, before thudding onto the ground.

 Billy ran, to the golden egg; devastated. He knew, that this wasn't any golden egg, he was going to hatch; but this was a special golden egg, because it was his friend that was sealed inside.

-" Let's go have some fun..." Billy sighed, as he gently rolled the egg onto the land. 

Billy fed it by bashing bad guys eating fruit, all while hoping for the egg to signal that it was ready to hatch. The golden egg, was finally aglow, and ready to hatch, only one thing left to do...

The crow was so effective that Phoenix ended up popping out of the egg. Once freed, Phoenix fell on the floor in sitting position.

-" Hatcher! You hatched an egg... for me..."

Billy Hatcher didn't think twice, he threw his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

-" 'Course, I did; Phoe! I'm so glad to see you, again."

Phoenix hugged his friend gently.

-" Same here, buddy."

The two strolled away, eagerly chatting.

-" No way man, you met my dad! Was he nice to you?"

Billy smiled.

-" Of course he was. "