Majority Rules & Secrets Unveiled

After Bishop's burial they head back to the church for the board meeting. While the board prepares to vote and discuss five minutes away, Marcus is preparing to uncover two of the biggest secrets that New Bethel has ever seen.

Board Meeting

Deacon Longwood: We are here to discuss the fate of our drummer. Now we all know that Bishop hired him and Bishop loved him but his actions as of late have been questionable.

Apparently, there has been more things that had been done prior to the outburst after Bishop's funeral. Kayla hadn't been paying attention in church so she missed everything but First Lady and the Deacons were tired.

First Lady: His disrespect to the church administration the past few months has gotten outrageous.

Kayla: Well does anyone have any idea why or how it started?

Elder McKentler: He came in to talk to Bishop one day and I overheard him speaking about attending a new school. Two weeks later the problem began.

Kayla looked at her mother like she knew what was going on. Little did any of them know that Bishop wanted him to attend the same school as Kayla to keep an eye on her.

Kayla: What disrespect, what started?

The deacons all looked at Kayla and First Lady thinking that either First Lady or Bishop had told Kayla what was going on since she was a voting board member.

Deacon McCoy: So First Lady, do you want to tell her or shall I.

Kayla looked at her mother with a face of expectancy waiting for her to respond. First Lady puts her face in her hands and softly mumbles enough to be heard,

First Lady: A few weeks ago, Marcus met with your father and I as well as some of the other members of the board to discuss some concerns he had about you and how much power you held in the church. He came in with pictures and videos of you and Daemon telling us that because of who you were dating you were mentally unstable and not fit to be a voting member on the church board and it would make the church look bad and suggested that we remove you and put him in place to fill your seat.

Kayla looks at her mother as she lifts her head towards the sky looking as if she was asking Bishop for guidance when suddenly Marcus and Daemon comes into the room.

Marcus: So "First Lady", he says mockingly, will you tell her or shall I.

Kayla: Tell me what, mom what's going on?

First Lady: Marcus came before the board with valid proof.

Kayla: Valid proof of what?

The room went silent, Marcus stood at the head of the table with a devilish smirk on his face and Daemon standing behind him.

Marcus pulls from his pocket an orange envelope folded to a crisp as if it had been pressed and folded like a pair of slacks. He passes the paper down the table to Kayla. She opens it with caution only to find the worse news of her natural born life. It's bad enough that he and Daemon exposed who she was outside of the church and in her "relationship" but this slip of paper was the end all be all.

Kayla: Mom!!!!!!!!! What is this?

First Lady: Before you get upset, your father and I were just starting off here in the church barely making ends meet and we couldn't afford two children so we thought it best to put one of you up for adoption. When Marcus reconnected with your father through the church, he used it as leverage. The only thing is your father didn't have time to make any written documents to block him from taking his place as heir to your father's inheritance.

It was at that moment that Kayla had a flashback to a moment her and her father shared the night of her ring ceremony. A gift that she cherished then and cherishes even more now. A gold, diamond encrusted necklace engraved with the words , "You're protected, even when I'm long gone." She remembered her father telling her, "This is more than a necklace, this is my life, your life, your children's lives." She looks down at her necklace and notices a small incision going around the necklace. She's always noticed this incision but it never dawned on her to see what the incision actually was. She plays with the necklace as she tries to grasp her mind around what's being put before her and she pulls it apart to find that the necklace is a jump drive.

Kayla: Wait, plug this in. My father gave me this and told me that I was protected even when he was gone. Let's see what's on here.

Elder McKentler plugs in the jump drive and plays the only file available. Bishop Dyer's smooth baritone voice hits the speaker saying, "This is recorded as my last will and testament."