It's My Life

School ended at 3:35. JJ decided to ride home with Melody because she had drove to school and he wanted to skip the daddy/daughter drama. JJ would normally drive to school and pick her up and drop her off but his car was in the shop due to the transmission going out. When JJ made it home, he saw his mom and dad sitting in the "meeting room," the place where they had all their family meetings. JJ knew what had happened at the school today because by the end of the day word got around that Kayla and Bishop got into it in the hallway and that she had lost her virginity. "Where is your sister?" He walked into the room and saw the look on his father's face. It looked like Bishop was ready to pounce and attack like a cat to a rat or a lion to a gazelle. "I don't know, I rode home with Melody." Bishop looked at him, "Why didn't you ride with Kayla?" "I told her I would ride home with Melody if she needed some air or some time to think." He didn't want to tell his father that when he made it outside, Kayla's car was gone. "JJ do you have any homework?" His mom looked at him with an expression of "get out while you can" trying to save him from the lecture he was gonna receive if he had stayed. He went upstairs not saying a word. He text Kayla:
JJ: Kayla I told dad that I rode with Melody because I decided to give you some time to think.
Kayla: Thanks bro, I'm sorry for bailing on you but I know you got my back through everything. I'm on my way home now.
JJ: Ok, but is it true?
Kayla: Is what true?
JJ: Everything, you going to Daemon's and losing your virginity today, you snapping on dad....
Kayla: Surprisingly, yes. But none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Marcus.
JJ: I'll talk to him for you.
Kayla: Thanks bro,you're a life saver. Love you see when I get home, that's if dad doesn't kill me.
JJ: Ok, love you too and right bc he is pretty mad rn.
He then proceeded to text Marcus
JJ: Marcus, bro, why would you do that.
Marcus: ???
JJ: Text my dad and tell him about Daemon and Kayla.
Marcus: I got jealous, I have a crush on Kayla and Bishop has always talked about me and Kayla. I just thought we would be together eventually.
JJ: But that doesn't mean text my dad, no wonder Kayla doesn't want you.
Marcus: How do you know that?
JJ: She told me and she has a boyfriend. So move on and find someone else.
Marcus: But I want Kayla.

Kayla finally made it home and Her father watched her as she walked into the house. She turned and looked at him with the memory of Daemon fucking her playing over and over in her head. "Why was it that I had to find out about Daemon through Marcus? Why is it that Marcus, the drummer at the church, knew family business before me? Why is it that everybody outside this family knew about family business before me?" He asked with expectancy of an answer. Not knowing what to say, she looked at him. "It's my life. I'm tired of you running my life for me. I'm not a little girl anymore." Her father looked at her with tears in his eyes, tears of disappointment. 17 years of teaching her the right way, she strayed. 17 years of teaching her, guiding her gone down the drain. "Kayla, just go to your room. Your father and I need to talk." Her mother shook her head asking herself how did it get to this. Kayla went upstairs and laid in her bed, put her phone on dnd and listened to music. The Dyer household has changed forever. "Why is it that I have tried everything I could possibly think of to give her the best life possible and she goes and spits in my face like this." Bishop Dyer said while shaking his head. Before Macy, her mother, could say anything Bishop Dyer got up, went into his home study and locked himself in. The impenetrable Dyer family was finally penetrated and this would change the course of their lives and household dramatically.