FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Wednesday, December 31st, XXXX - 7:15am ~Wedding day of Levi Ackerman, and (Y/n) (L/n).

There he was, suit and tie, ready to go. He inhaled and exhaled deeply, shaking out the nerves he had, thinking about how his bride-to-be would walk down the aisle and be his wife. Imagining (Y/n) in her wedding dress was enough to make his cheeks burn. He scoffed at himself. 

"I can't wait to see her...I bet she's raging in the room she's changing in right now. Complaining how tight and unnatural it feels I bet." He thought. 

Four soft knocks came from the door. "Name and-I mean, who is it?" He asked. "C'est ta mère.(It's your mother.)" Kutchel chirped from the other side of the door. 

"You could have just walked in." He said, as she entered the room. 

"I know, but...I was kind of nervous to see you." She said, smiling softly. 

He raised a brow. "Why?"

She sighed softly. "Seeing you in your suit... you're all...grown up." 

"Mom...please don't cry. That's cheesy." 

"Shut up..." She chuckled, then slowly teared up. 

"Mom..." He went over to her and pulled her into a tight, warm hug. 

"Sorry...I don't mean to cry." 

"Tch, just cry. I understand your feelings." 

She sniffled, letting a few tears fall here and there. Wiping away the tears, she started to chuckle. 

"What's so funny?" He asked. 

"For a while, I thought you'd be gay." 

"Wow..." He dropped the hug. 

"It's just, as a kid you liked playing with my heels. And you liked, and still like, keeping clean so much I thought..." She chuckled more, then bent over laughing. 

Levi stood there with a deadpanned expression. "Mom..." 

"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to pick on you. Just trying to get you to laugh." She told him, patting his shoulder. 

He smiled. 

"A smile is good enough." She said. 

"So, that's the only reason you're here?" He asked, sitting down on one of the chairs in the room. 

She sat next to him. "No. Levi...I'm sorry." 

He creased his brows together. 

"I never meant to leave you alone back then." 

"You never left me..." 

"But, I did...back in the underground..." She stated. 

His eyes widened. 

"I wish...things could have been different back then. If I hadn't been so stubborn, and just stayed with Kenny...you wouldn't have been forced to take care of yourself." She took his hand and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm just glad... we're here now, and that I can watch you grow up and be happy..."

"Mom..." His voice quivered, having her look up quickly to see view his expression. 

"Levi?" 

He was tearing up. 

She blinked, not sure if what she was seeing was real. 

"You made no mistakes mom...you were a good mother...then and now." He told her, covering his face with his accessorized hand.