2

ʎzɐɹɔ

———

- brandi -

the boys went their separate ways after they asked for my number. i had a admirable time with them, and i thought that they seemed like the type of people that were genuine and sincere. however corey kept giving me on and off vibes. like he looked happy on the outside, but his energy just wasn't in it. it felt like he wanted so badly to enjoy his time with them, but his body just wasn't up for it. which i get. some days your social battery just doesn't fill up all the way or it drains fast.
    rushing home through the streets that were pretty empty, i played some three days grace and bobbed my head to the beat. i knew my brother waited at home for me to return, and yet i wanted to do everything possible to not arrive to my house. i have spent every dying minute of my life taking care of him, which i didn't mind at first, but he's become ill. and i don't mean he's sick. he's crazy because he got involved in some shit that wasn't a thing to mess around with. i'm worried about it every second that they'll find us and kill us.

    walking inside of the dark living room, my eyes adjusted to the sight of elliot sitting upon the couch in pure darkness. "what the hell are you doing?" i question and set down my keys. his head turned to me and he opened his eyes. "elliot?" he stood up and walked over to me. my heart was pounding out of my chest as he got closer. "elliot stop!" i demand and watch him yield.

"όποιος ξέρω." i ran to my bedroom and locked the door behind me. i don't know what he said, but he was freaking me the hell out. dammit elliot...

- corey -

we got back into eltons car and all laughed. "really colby?" sam inquired and he watched him put the girls number into his phone. colby furrowed his brows and looked up like sam was stupid.

"yeah? what do you mean? like what if we want to do that again? we have an open spot bro!" elton chuckled and looked over to me with his eyebrows raised. it was obvious that colby just wanted to use her, but there was no doubt  that he also thought she was hella cute. he was usually shy when it came to things like this, but i guess he just wasn't with her. perhaps it was because she was literally so chill.
    we dropped off sam and colby at their apartments first and then made our way to my house that i share with aaron. "thanks elton." i sigh and open my door. he nods and hummed.

"bye buddy." i leave to go inside and make sure to be as quiet as i possibly could.

- the next day -

- corey -

today i made plans with a couple guys to dance and mess around. it usually got my spirit up anyway. we were meeting at three so i still had a couple hours to spend with myself and or aaron. he was sitting beside me on the couch with his eyes glued to his computer screen. "colby got this girls number last night at the trampoline park." i chuckled and looked over to aaron. he glanced over to me and smiled.

"of course he did." he laughed and shook his head. "out of all of us he's the one with the most fan girls bawling over his looks." he was right. every fan girl loved colby because he was hot and had a great personality. you could already tell since he had the most instagram followers out of all of us lol.

- brandi -

rushing into work, i throw my bag into my cubby in the back and put my lanyard on. "late night?" a tall pale man asked. his brown eyes bore into mine as his pink lips turned into a smile.

"you could say that." i giggled and looked over to the mirror. "you're a new face around here, yeah?" he nods and straightens his back. he was massively tall, and i was extremely short. our height differences was almost funny. "i'm brandi." i raise my hand for a high five and watch him raise his.

"i'm chance." we high five and share a small laugh. "so i heard you snuck some boys in here last night for a little party. you're so gonna get fired." i stopped moving for a whole minute. i forgot about the cameras. I AM GONNA GET FIRED!

"i didn't sneak them in... i found them. they were trying to stay over night. being the teenager i am on the inside, i said why not? i let them stay for a couple hours. there was no intentional party, chance." rumors spread like a wild fire. it was his first day here and he already knew about something that literally happened last night. "word really spreads that fast around here?" his shrugs and walks beside me until we're met with the doezens of shoeless kids running around like headless turkeys.

"i guess." he sighed and checked his watch. "when's your lunch break? i want to show you something?" my eyebrows furrowed and i crossed my arms. i only just met this guy and he wants to show me something? and he even talks to me like he's known me for years. "the footage from last night?" he suggested and pulled out his black screen to show me what he meant. i made an O shape with my lips and nodded. of course he wasn't a weirdo.
    the people that worked here were never weirdos, just gossipers and drama dealers. it's crazy how some kids just never leave their high school brains. they'll always just be trapped inside of that perfect world where it's basically like the bachelor. i see myself fall into the category sometimes, but i'm not constantly like that. i don't like a challenge most of the time because it takes too much work, and i don't want to be judged for trying too hard.