CHAPTER TEN

Sol felt like she was being ripped in half mentally and physically

Sol felt like she was being ripped in half mentally and physically. With all that had happened in the past couple of hours, she was exhausted. Her body ached and burned as it healed quickly thanks progressive medicine that the First Order had on hand. Slowly she opened her eyes, blinking to adjust to the sudden change in lighting. As far as she could see, the room was white and sterile. She was tucked into a bed; a slender pole held a bag of fluids that Sol traced down to a needle in her arm. Slowly she began to sit up, her body ached, and she groaned and paused. The bandages around her chest constricted her movement. She pushed herself all the way into a sitting position. There was a soft beeping from a machine close by. The door across from her opened and a woman in all black carrying a clipboard strode in. The nurse looked up to see Sol conscious and sitting up.

"Oh good, you're awake." She said moving to the bag of fluids and checking the measurements to see how much had been used.

"Where am I?" Sol rasped. Her throat felt like sandpaper, and it hurt to talk.

"The First Order's Medical Ship." The nurse replied. Sol shifted, her body blistering in pain.

"Where's Kylo Ren." She asked as the nurse poured a glass of water for the Jedi. Sol gladly took the water, despite the look the nurse gave her. She clearly wasn't pleased with having someone that wasn't of First Order allegiance aboard, let alone having to tend to them.

"He and General Hux took a ship down to the resistance base. A shock went through Sol's body and she felt like she had been ignited with adrenaline. She almost dropped the cup of water she was given.

"What? When did they leave?" Sol demanded, beginning to push the sheets off her legs. The nurse looked alarmed by the sudden burst of energy that Sol produced.

"About 45 minutes ago." She said slowly. Sol began picking at the tape that held to the IV to her arm. The nurse reached forward trying to stop the young woman.

"I need to go to them. Get this damned thing out of me." Sol growled. She had to be there. The fate of the universe was at stake and she was stranded in bed.

"You're still hurt. I can't just let you go." The nurse argued, her voice rising. Sol gave her a challenging look.

"I understand that, but the fate of the universe is at stake and I need to be there. I need to make this right. If you don't get this out of my arm so help me, I will rip it out myself." Sol bared her teeth. She let her panicked darker side show through. Sol was desperate to get out of here. The nurse paled at the threat and with trembling fingers, worked the needle out of Sol's arm. Once she had finished Sol caught the nurse's eyes and held her gaze.

"You will retrieve me new clothes and my saber. Once the clothes are brought to me you will set up a pod for me in the hanger and put the coordinates of the base into it." Sol weaved the force through her words, putting a sort of spell over the nurse. The nurse straightened and repeated her instructions before leaving, the door hissing shut behind her.