~Chapter 5~

Holden Primrose}
———

"Good morning bestie boo!" Said Kalany in a happy mood.

"Ohh okay, we're on bestie terms now." I giggle.

"..c'mon Holden, you knew this was going to happen anyway when you decided to talk to me."

"Dude..you literally talked to me first."

She rolls her eyes, "Anyways, I saw you talking to Carl the other day.."

Well I mean..my heart was starting to piece back together not anymore. Thanks Kalany.

"..I only ran into him."

"Frick that Holden, I'm a romance fanatic and I know chemistry when I see it." She says with a wink.

She then goes on and on about it all.

"I mean, it was like magical. Like you two are meant for each other. It was almost like you two knew each other-"

"We were once best friends..can you stop talking now?"
I say as I walk away.

Kalany's mouth drops open.

"HOLDEN WHAT THE FRICK!"

"Can you keep it down please."

"Sorry, but you said you were..why aren't you now?"

....shit.

"...I left after I told him I loved him- Are we done?" I asked answering her question straight forward, annoyed with the fact my tears were triggered.

"...i- I'm sorry.."

"It's fine, now you know why he hates me."

"Wait one more question.."

I sigh. "Go ahead."

"..do you still love him?..because if you told him that, he hasn't messed around with another girl in a really really long time."

"..I uhh, probably do. I never stopped really, which is why it still hurts so bad. He doesn't want to hear why I left either. Every time I see him I instantly just die inside, and not in a good way. He literally could ruin me if I got weak enough. I tell my mind I can't blame it all on myself but it doesn't feel true. I-"

"Umm Holden..stop talking." She points behind me.

"What-" I say turning around.

I froze. Shit-

My eyes go big.

"Shit."

He looks at me. "My locker is right here."

I'm still frozen. I physically can't drive myself to move.

"...okay cool." Kalany says pulling my arm to move out the way shutting my locker. She saved my ass big time.

He walks away.

"..kalany..I'm such a ducking idiot." I whisper.

She hugs me. "You're not, I bet you barely have anyone to talk to and all you did was say how you felt and no matter what you think of yourself, you probably feel a lot better. I wonder how long your poor soul had to hold that in. It's okay let it out Holden.."

I hug her tightly.
———
Flashback.

"Grammy I'm home."

She races to the living room where I am standing.

"Teeheee, look what came in the mail.

Acceptance letter to Leighton High's Art Program.