| Five. |

A few days seemed to pass after Jamie had made that unexpected visit back into Rikki and her daughter's life. She had claimed that she was back, only for the sole purpose of finding out if Stephen or Luis was Arika's father. Both her and Stephen had demanded a DNA test and Rikki knew she couldn't keep this unknown for forever. They had a right to know.

And in that time, she still hadn't seen Luis. Though, she knew that he had seen Arika since Jamie had often took Arika to see him and Lucas now that she was Rikki's new babysitter when she worked overnight. It was actually nice having the help between her and Stephen, really. She didn't know who better to trust with her kid, though, Jamie was a scorned woman. Rikki just knew the woman's heart was too big to treat Arika any different than she treated Lucas.

"Eat all your vegetables or you don't get to see Jam-Jam." Rikki wagged her finger at her daughter sternly who was playing with the baby corn on her Sesame Street plate.

"Hmmph." Arika whined, tears brimming her eyelids as she had a minor baby tantrum.

"Wait, no. Mommy's sweet baby. Don't cry. Don't cry." Rikki cooed, running over to her daughter in the high chair and scooping her up in her arms.

"Jam-Jam." Arika mumbled, her lips still in the form of a pout as Rikki took a seat at the kitchen table with Arika sitting on her lap.

"You can go to Jam-Jam's after you eat this. Open wide," She instructed, feeding the corn to her 18 month old child. She obviously could feed herself, but Rikki had little patience. "See, not that bad."

"Jam-Jam?" Arika repeated, staring up at her mother with her big grayish colored eyes.

"Yeah, baby. We go to Jam-Jam's soon." Rikki answered, pushing the plate away from them.

"Yay!" Arika squealed, as Rikki picked her up and carried her over to the couch so she could put their jackets on. She tossed on Arika's small H&M jacket for the wind and then tossed her own on as well.

It was only October in California, but it was striking almost 2 in the afternoon. Meaning that it was somewhat nice outside but not too nice. Rikki swiftly turned off the lights in her house and grabbed Arika, along with her daughter's overnight bag as they got prepared to make moves for the day.

It was Friday night, meaning Rikki was on a full shift at the strip club tonight. And rather than having Jamie come over to watch Arika, Rikki was allowing her daughter to have a sleep over with her ex best friend and her family or whatever her and Luis called themselves. I know, it was fucking weird.

But Arika was so damn excited to be going over to 'Jam-Jam's' house. Probably because Jamie definitely gave Arika all the attention and affection she wanted, which is probably why Arika loved her so much. And according to Jamie, Lucas and Luis also grown attached to the young girl too. Which was actually a good thing, in case she turned out to Luis's daughter.

Rikki let out a sigh, closing the apartment door as she made her way to the cab she had called earlier and hopped in. It took less than 15 minutes to drive to the daycare, in which Jamie was going to pick Arika up from when she was done at her new job at 5:30. Rikki got out the car, kissing her little girl goodbye as she dropped her off in the infant/toddler area and went on about her way. She got back in the cab, getting prepared to pull off when she noticed the small blanket still in her hand.

"Oh, shit. I forgot Arika's favorite blanket. She'll have a damn fit without it." Rikki mumbled to herself, telling the cab driver to hold on as she unlocked the car door and ran towards the front doors. She saw a pickup truck pull up next to her cab from the corner of her eye, but paid it no mind as she waited for the receptionist to let her in the locked doors.