Sad, afraid, liar

"Coffee please! I need to wake up or ill end up doing something dumb, again" you rolled your eyes as you ate a bit of pancake.
" Don't be so harsh on yourself dear" he placed the coffee filter in the machine and turned it on, " You are in a very hostile environment with no memories of the past, everyone would struggle in your position" he continued, shifting his weight to lean on the counter, he was now looking at you, arms crossed " you are very lucky to have friends like Charlie, Vaggie, me... to help you and support you, further, you are smart and quite indipend-"

He stopped himself from continuing,

(Alastor's pov)

"...you are smart and quite indipend-"

He stopped himself from continuing,

What was he doing! Why was he complimenting her?!
Out of habit probably, he used to praise Y/N a lot. Seeing her flustered by his compliments was quite the sight, and her smile was very pretty too.
He was really sad when he found out she had lost all of her memories, all of the memories they made were now...gone...

No.
He refused to believe that was the case. He knew that those memories were somewhere inside her head, She was so smart, kind, brave, independent, polite and-

"Alastor? Are you ok? You spaced out"
Y/N was standing in front of him, waving her hands in front of his face.

This was going to become awkward if he didn't change the subject right now.

Then, the smell of coffee saved him.

"A-Ah! The C-coffee! It's already done!"

He quickly turned towards the cupboards, swinging one open and reaching for two mugs.

(Y/N pov)

What... did just happened?

You were quite confused, but you shrugged it off. He probably got hit by a thought that paralysed him, nothing to worry about.

As you ate another bit of pancake Alastor placed a steaming mug of dark coffee, just what you needed to wake up.
"If I remember correctly, no sugar right?" He questioned, you nodded and thanked him as he sat on the other side of the small table.

"You are a coffee person? I thought of you as the tea type" he took a small sip and giggled at your statement.
"I don't mind tea, but dark coffee is way better in my opinion. I was actually quite surprised too when I discovered that you drank coffee without any sugar"
You smiled at his comment, taking a sip too.
"Everyone is surprised at that, they all say that I look like a person that would drink coffee, milk, and sugar. Honestly, I think that's disgusting. I like sweet, but that's way too much."

You two sat there in silence for a few minutes, probably both lost in random thoughts. You broke the silence as you noticed he wasn't eating anything :
"Oh, worrying about me darling? I ate before you arrived, I would have waited for you but I didn't know when you were going to arrive, and I had no intention of waking you up."

Liar

You almost jumped as the voice was a little bit louder than usual.
It sounded annoyed at Alastor's statement, even slightly angry about it... liar? Why liar?

You took another sip from your cup of coffee.

I mean... he was a powerful and dangerous demon so you guessed he didn't mind lying, you betted he was quite good at hiding it too.

But... lying about breakfast? Why would you lie about something so irrelevant and simple?

"I hope you don't mind if I leave you to finish breakfast alone my dear, I need to ready to head out for a few businesses encounters."

You shook your head in approval, however, the thought of his lie made you lose confidence in him. Who knows what he was actually going to do?

He left the kitchen, his hum became quieter and quieter until it stopped.

This was your chance.

"Why did he lie?"

Because he is afraid

You were slowly getting used to talking to the innocent voice in your head.

" A big bad demon afraid? Of losing a human? Pffffff don't make me laugh " you finished your pancakes, who were actually really good.
"if he was actually afraid" you started "which I don't think it's true, why would he be afraid of losing me so much that he has to lie about what he did for breakfast?"
You were quite annoyed about this.

His basement

"Wha-"

Go see his basement and your question will be answered

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n

No, he doesn't have a sex dungeon in his basement don't worry.

I'm really glad that more and more people are adding this nonsense fanfic to their library, and honestly, seeing your comments really fills me with  DETERMINATION

Jokes apart thank you guys for everything, for every single like and comment.
Stay tuned for more~

-Gost UwU