Chapter 4

I open my eyes and stand up to go take a shower. I go to my bathroom and wipe off last nights makeup and I turn on the hot water and I slip off my nightgown and step inside. I let the water wash over my body taking last nights makeup hair spray and soreness with it. I reach out for the fluffy towels and I dry myself off and put on leather riding pants a dark purple and black corset and purple cloak and I race downstairs to find a horse and ride into town. But I can't get far before my father comes into the stables.
"Where are you going so soon?" He questions
"Into town" I simply state
"Why?" He asks and helps me saddle my horse.
"I dunno" I say and shrug not really sure if I'm truly chasing Killian or if I'm just looking for something to do.
"This outing has nothing to do with the guy you kissed?" He asks
"Mom told you?"
"She tells me everything" he says "but be safe" he says and helps me on to the horse.
"I'll be back after lunch" I call over my shoulder and I lead the horse out of the stables and slowly get used to riding it again. I click my tongue and the horse speeds up a little and in 15 minutes I'm sliding off the horse and I give him too a boy who offered to tie it up for me. I walk into the tavern and I look for the jet black hair that I've missed since last seeing it last night. I spot him and his crew playing some sort of game with dice and I walk over to there table and rest me elbow down.
"What are you boys playing?" I as them and Killians eyes meet mine and he smiles.
"Just a little game, wanna join?"
"I've never played" I admit
"Well why don't you come over here and I'll teach you his says and winks and I sit next to him and I smell the leather and the salty water on him.
"It's easy, you pick three numbers and then you role the die and if your number comes up you win, if not you lose" he says
"Okay" I say and I pick up the dice and I throw them across the table. "Did I win?" I ask
"You have to pick three numbers first" he says and hands me the dice. We play this pointless game for a while and soon most of the crew leaves and Killian and I are left alone.
"Emma I'm very sorry but my crew and I are leaving tonight for a port far away from here"
"That's okay, we had fun for a few days" I say
"I don't normally do this, but do you want to come with me?" He asks and stutters over his words letting his nervousness show through.
"Killian I can't leave my parents I just got them back" I say and his face falls
"I know, so this is goodbye?" He says and grabs my hand
"I'll see you soon" I say and I lean in to kiss him and his lips meet mine halfway and his tongue swipes across my bottom lip and I part my lips slightly allowing him entrance. My body is buzzing from the contact of his hand and his hook on my back and I bring my hands away from his neck and I rest my forehead on his and I smile.
"See you later captain" I say and I stand up from the bar and I walk out. The second I'm away from him a feel a pulling in my chest and I look back to see him talking to his crew. I walk back out to find the harbor alive with people starting to work for the day, vendors selling homemade items kids playing on the street and women gossiping about the recent ball. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I walked into a small alleyway. In between two stores. It was small and I could see the other street from where I was standing so I followed it all the way to the end. I must have missed the other alley that intersected with it. And I didn't notice Until a hand clamped over my mouth and dragged me into it.

I struggle against the gloved hand of my captor and I try everything to escape but he's too strong. Another 2 men appear and one blows a powder in my face and the other ties my hands. My eyes suddenly become heavy and I feel then starting to close and no matter what I tell myself to stay awake, I find myself slipping away into the magical sleep.
I wake up in a closet with barrels and food stored on the shelves, and with a splitting headache. A man with some nasty guyliner and a dark curly beard greets with a simple
"Hello princess"
"What do you want?" I ask him trying to prevent a conversation that would drag on.
"That's simple, ransom, your parents will pay a lot of money to get you back home safely"
"Okay, so your clearly a pirate-"
"What ever gave you that idea?"
"What's your name pirate?"
"Well most people just call me Blackbeard" he says and all the connections fall into place. The black braids that fall from this guys chin should've been my first clue.
"And I'm just going to live in this closet until my parents pay?"
"No I'm going to put you to work, with my crew. But you will need to change of course" he says and tosses me a bag with clothes inside.