Ranking Heathers Songs

I will start with my least favourite song and keep going up from there. Please don't hate this is just my opinion🤪

Also follow @jdronicaisgod on instagram XD

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

#20 Shine a Light (Reprise)
It's not very long, the song is about
H. Mcnamara trying to kill herself :( and H. Duke being a bitch. So overall, there is nothing good about the storyline in this song(the singers are still amazing tho.)

#19 Shine a Light
I like all the songs in Heathers but I feel like this one gets a little boring, it's not very relatable and Ms Fleming definitely isn't my favourite character. It isn't a bad song, the vocals are great but, personally, it's just not for me :/

#18 My Dead Gay Son
Again, this song is not relatable and the characters who sing it don't mean anything to me. However, it is not right at the bottom because of its super catchy tune and the unexpected plot twist.

#17 Kindergarten Boyfriend
I actually really like the song, I think it's really sweet and I like how it gives Martha the spotlight. It is lower down the list because although I like Martha, she is not my favourite character.

#16 Blue
I mean there is not a lot I can say about this song, to be honest, it's just a bit weird lmao. I mean it's a song about two guys talking about their balls being 'blue' because Veronica won't make out with them. At least it's kinda catchy...

#15 Lifeboat
I hate seeing H. Mcnamara sad because she is so innocent and misunderstood. I know that this is gonna potentially be an unpopular opinion but the song doesn't appeal to me that much.

#14 The Me Inside Of Me
One thing I don't like about this song is how popular H. Chandler gets after 'committing suicide', also Ms Fleming annoys me in this song lmao. The start of the song always gets stuck in my head tho. :D

#13 Fight for Me
The lyrics 'holy shit' makes up half of this song which I guess makes it kind of funny. Personally, I find this song kind of boring and not as exciting as other songs. It would be lower down but it's the first time you see JD which makes it so much better.

#12 Seventeen (Reprise)
I like that Martha and Veronica reunite in this song and that H. Mcnamara sides with Veronica over H. Duke. It is also very catchy. The only reason I don't like it is because JD is gone and no one seems to care (like i know he was a psychopath but he was cute and deserves to be remembered) :(

#11 Yo Girl
This song is so catchy, I love how it's the ghosts singing it. It is let down by H. Duke being her bitchy self at the start and it doesn't add much to the story.

#10 Beautiful
I like how this song gives some backstory about how Veronica became a Heather which you don't get in the movie version. However, it's not as entertaining as other songs since it's only an introduction, although, the high notes hit in this song are just... wow.

#9 Candy Store
I live for the amount of power the Heathers show in this song and the harmonies are brilliant. The only thing I don't like is the fact that they are trying to turn Veronica into a different person, which is triggering.

#8 Dead Girl Walking (Reprise)
Two things. One, the cheerleaders and students harmonising in the background. Two, the high notes, like howww?

#7 I am Damaged
This song is so emotional and triggering, the line 'say hi to god' always gets me. I wish Veronica had done something to stop JD dying because his death was so sad and it makes me mad that she started doubting herself and didn't impact on it. I know it was probably better for JD but I hate that he died. :(

#6 Dead Girl Walking
I love that Veronica literally gives zero f's in this song and has all the control throughout. I also love JD's remarks during the song. Plus this song is such a mood.

#5 Big Fun
This is one of the most catchiest songs in Heathers. Everyone is carefree, Veronica drunk and high is funny and the singing is great. I feel sorry for Martha tho. :(

#4 Freeze Your Brain
You get a backstory on JD, he talks about how he deals with his pain using slushies, everything in this song is great. It starts to make you understand JD a bit more, it also gets stuck in your head easily.

#3 Seventeen
The emotion JD and Veronica show in this song and the lyrics in it are beautiful. They sound so good singing together and the song is relatable. It's only let down is that later on in the musical, it seems that JD didn't really mean some of the things he said in the song.

#2 Our Love is God
I love this song, it is the first time JD comforts Veronica, he shows how much he loves Veronica and what he's willing to do for her. This song is literal proof that, in his own, messed up way, JD loved Veronica. Kurt and Ram's deaths are a little sad, especially when Veronica realises that they are actually dead but overall, the power JD and Veronica have together in this song gives me life.

#1 Meant To Be Yours
The way JD's mood changes throughout the song is what makes it so good. The tune is so catchy and the words always get stuck in my head. It also shows JD getting genuinely upset over death, which is something he never showed before. It is probably the most emotion he showed through the whole musical, you could see the innocent seventeen year old in him, even if it was only for a short time.

So if you couldn't tell, I basically love every song with JD in it XD

I know not everyone will agree with this list but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so, again, please don't hate :D