Storm

Jack's POV

I'm pummeled to the ground before I can let out a breath. "What the hell?" I groan out.

Whatever is around my waist is squealing and squeezing me tight. It screams again when thunder engulfs the area.

Wait, I think I know that voice? I look down immediately and grab the body. "...Mr. Wood?! What's going on? Are you okay?!" I hug him when he pushes himself against me once more. "I-I-I was j-just st-strolling th-through the neighborhood—" "Now that has to be a lie, sweetheart," I interrupt, raising his chin up. "Why aren't you home?"

"...I have none. And the school was already locked when I came back from the food donation..." he looks down, ashamed.

My heart melts at his sad little eyes. "It's going to be okay. You did the right thing by coming to my house. You'll be safe and taken care of, yes you will." I can't help but slip into my daddy dom a bit.

He looks at me as if I just saved his world. I can't help but feel incredibly proud. "I will always be here for you, so don't ever hesitate to come to me again," I say, meaning every word.

He squeezes me when the thunder starts up again. I decided it would be smart to close the door and get him to the couch. I do just that. With one hand, I'm able to close the door. I pick him up while he is still frozen and get him to the couch.

"I love you so much. Thank you, universe," I quietly say, knowing he didn't hear me. I cuddle him, and at some point, we both fall asleep on each other... Food was totally forgotten.