Chapter one

"Bring her forth." Odin's voice booms across the great hall, bouncing off of the golden walls. At the call of his voice, two guards emerge. Their very presence brings an aura of power.

They march through the hall, up to Odin's throne, pulling a woman behind them.

"You requested an audience with me, said it had to do with my son and insisted that it be in front of only my wife and I. I have fulfilled your demands now tell me, witch, what do your visions tell you of my son." His face is a landscape of hatred as he talks to the woman before him but she holds her head high.

"My lord," she bows smoothly "I seem to remember me saving every one of your people when the Jotuns attacked unannounced now, if you don't mind, I would like to be afforded a certain amount of respect." Though Odin's voice held a certain level of venom, hers simply drips with it.

"I will not ask you again... Lady Eldrid."

Her head nods slightly at him. "I had a vision when laying in my bed late last night." She breaks free of the guards and begins pacing around the room as she speaks. "It showed me what would happen if you kept Sir Loki locked up here for the rest of his life. It showed me fire and rage and death all at the hands of your son. But it also showed me that this future can be stopped. That respect that you showed me mere moments ago, that can stop the desolate fiery future that I have seen but not here. Someone must take him away.

"All cats are grey in the dark. Even cats of the brightest white can appear a dusty grey during dark times, we cannot judge one without considering the stress and duress they are under. It's unfair and will only force upon us the future that I have foreseen.

"I volunteer my services. I will take him to earth, rehabilitate him, and if he's still the same as he is now when we return, I will give my life in penance for his crimes."

Odin pauses, considering the options. Let his son fester in a gold prison for the rest of his life, preserving his name but ensuring the death of every one of his subjects or allow someone to take him away from here, allow him to have a normal life and allow his kingdom to prosper for many millennia to come. 

Odin being Odin, he's leaning more towards the option of keeping him locked away but he and Frigga exchange a look and she seems to change his mind.

"Very well. Eldrid Bekke, witch and seer of the nine realms, do you agree to take my son, Loki Odinson, to Midgard? To protect him, rehabilitate him and hide any mortals from the wrath of his power?" 

Eldrid knew that this was a binding verbal agreement, as soon as she said yes she would be bound to serve Loki in his life on Midgard. She didn't particularly want to abandon her life on her home planet but it seemed a small price to pay to ensure the future of Asgard.

"Yes, my Lord, I pledge to do all that you have just stated." 

With that, a bow and a flicker of magic, Eldrid is returned to her home to prepare for their departure the very next morning.

Word count: 571 words
Word count exclusive