Chapter 6: A Different Point Of View

James's P.O.V.

It really hurt how Mary turned me down like that. It felt like I was stabbed in the heart and she dug the kife deeper. However I realized I was being a jerk by ignoring her and knew that I couldn't ignore her with this job. So I decided that sarcasim would be best. It's harsh but not harsh enough to make working with her difficult. The thing that is making it difficult to work with her is my feelings for her and every little thing she does; every touch, every look and every remark.

I watched her walk towards the side of the building looking up at the roof. She looked like a rookie on her first day, which made me smile. I hid my smile and got started searching through the ash for anything that I could use for evidence. I shifted through the ash and burnt wood and debris from where the dome fell.

It was difficult to find anything useful but I manged to find some photos not to badly burnt that I could take to the lab to recreate the picture. I also found a chard blanket and a few pieces of beer bottle. I bagged all of them and put them in the car.

After I did I noticed Mary looking up at the roof while making a cast of a footprint. I figured sense I was done I could help her, so I headed towards her.

"Need help?" I asked walking up to her.

"Only if you feel like getting up on the rood." she said pointing to it.

"Why the roof?"

"That's where the guy started the fire and I found a footprint suggesting he got up and down using this tree here."

"So you want me to go up there and see if I can find evidence or do you want me to fall off and break something?"

"Yes to finding evidence and if you want to fall off then that's ok to." she said smiling.

She has the most amazing smile.

"Alright, I'll do it....Look for evidence I mean." I said smiling back.

I started by climbing the tree and then jumped off a branch onto the roof.

"Alright well whoever this guy is he must be very athletic and does parqure...becasue it was a little difficult for me to get up her." I said looking down at her.

"Stop complaining and look for evidence." she snapped back.

"Ok...Ok...Calm down your redneck is showing." I teased her because when she starts getting angry her country accent gets stronger.

"I'm not a redneck!" she yelled back.

I laughed then kept searching the roof. I carefully steped up closer to where the dome used to be and where Mary says the fire started. When I got up there I did find a matchbook right at the edge. I took a quick photo then carefully picked it up.

"Ok I'm all done up here." I yelled down to her.

"Good for you!...You want a cookie?" I heared her reply with her sarasim, which told me she was mad.

I do like Mary but the way she shot me down and now all of this makes me mad at her. This means an insult war will start and I will win. Anyway I got down off the roof the same way I came up. I told Mary that I was going to the lab and for her to meet me there.

I got there and decided to work on the matchbook I found along with the beer bottle pieces. I decided to give Mary the burnt pictures and chard blanket that I found, that should keep her busy and get her back. The war has begun.