Chapter 8: Truth and Lies

James's P.O.V.
       "Guess I hit a nerve?" I said after Mary stormed out of the room.
        "Did I miss something?" Luke asked me.
        "Just her rejecting me."
        "That's happened ever since you came to this crime lab...but it seemed like she was madder than usual at you." Luke said to me as I searched through the other printouts and pictures.
         "That's because she was."
         "Why?"
         "Look I gotta see if I can find any of these people. So sorry can't talk Luke!" I said rushing out with the papers in hand.
           I headed to my desk and started to run checks on all of these people to try and get addresses on them.

Mary's P.O.V.
          "Mary! What do you want?" I heard Joe's voice come from the doorway to our waiting area.
         "Joe!...You uh..You look good."
         "Mary!"
         "Please have a seat Joe, I have something to tell you." I said pointing towards our couches. He sat down.
         He had changed a little since we broke up. He had his black hair spiked up, those hazel eyes of his behind his shades as always. He had his red T-shirt and ripped blue jeans with his work boots. Now he also had a tattoo picking out from his right sleeve and a lip piercing.
          "Um...I'm sorry to tell you but your church was burned down and Mike; the organ player; was killed out on the front lawn." I said sitting down next to him.
          "I know, I saw the church burn and I heard by word of mouth there about Mike. That's awful that someone would do that...but I know you Mary so I know that's not the only reason you called me here."
          "You know me so well."
         "I should. We dated for 2 years. Now you wanna tell me the real reason you called me."
         "Fine. Can you tell me about this?" I said showing him the printout of the picture, the aged one and the match to his license photo.
          "Are you kidding me? Is this a joke or some strange way of getting back at me for getting breaking up with you!" He said throwing the papers back at me.
            "This is not a joke! I found this while investigating the church for clues on who killed Mike and set the church on fire near long killing me and my partner! I collected this before the fire started in a room at the top of the dome where there were also old blankets beer bottles and lots of other pictures of boys in their underwear! What happened back then and why didn't you tell me?!?"
          "I don't like what you're getting at!" Joe yelled standing up.
           "I just want the truth! Did Mike rape you when you where little? And did you kill him to get back at him? Did you start the fire?"
            "What?!? Are kidding me?!? Why are you accusing me?!?"
           "The only way for someone to get off the roof and up onto it to set the fire was by doing parkour on one of the trees and we found a shoe print near that tree! It was a size 10 1/2 Nike running shoes! Just like the ones you wear!" I said standing up and raising my voice.
James's P.O.V.
           I was able to track down the other boys in the pictures that Mary ran. So I decided to go find her and head to talk to them. I headed towards the front desk when I heard yelling coming from the waiting room. I turned to see Mary and that bastard of an Ex of hers yelling.
           "Damn it Mary! I use that tree to teach parkour to my youth group! That's why my shoe print is there and I have nothing to say about that picture because I don't know anything about that picture! Now do your job, and get all the facts first before you call me and accuse me of murder! Are you really doing all of these because I broke up with you and said no to having lunch together yesterday! NEVER CALL ME AGAIN!" Joe yelled then rushed out.
          I wanted to stop that creep and knock him out but I though Mary may need some comfort after all that. I walked in as she covered her face and ran her fingers through her hair.
         "Hey you ok?" I asked.
        "Huh...Oh James..Yeah yeah it's ok..I'm ok." She said sounding like a teenager who got caught coming home late.
         "You sure?"
         "Yeah I'm sure. What you got?" She asked pointing to the papers in my hand.
          "I found the other people's addresses, you know the others in the photos. Figured we could go and try to talk to them." I told her handing her the papers.
          "Good! Let's go! You drive!" She said walking past me.
          I knew she was lying to me about being ok.  She was acting like nothing is  wrong so I wouldn't bother her. Now I have to decided if I should ask her about what I herd or tell her what I heard.