Chapter IV

Blacks are a family who have instilled fear into the hearts of people since generations. A Black is not someone with whom you'd like to mess. Blacks are famous for their strong tempers and murderous rages.

A very prime example of this was Sirius Orion Black presently. He was not throwing things around or throwing a tantrum. But the look on his face would have made Lord Voldemort wet his pants.

Grey eyes which usually shone with mirth and humor were currently pools of swirling storms contained inside him. There are very few things which can anger Sirius like this, one of them being something bad happening to his family.

Sirius had displayed the same sort of anger on the night his brother and sister in law were murdered. Despite what anyone might think, he had not sought out Pettigrew willingly that night.

People may believe he is immature and reckless but they also forget that he had also undergone Auror Training with James Potter. They forget that he was trained to take stock of his surroundings and respond immediately.

When he had stood there with Harry in his hands that night looking at the corpses of his family, he had felt the worst sort of hatred grip him. But due to his training, the reasonable course of action seemed to give Harry to Hagrid for temporary safekeeping and set out after the monster who had destroyed several families, who had surely not escaped far.

So he gave his pup to Hagrid and bade them farewell. But then he noticed Voldemort's robes lying on the floor. He was overcome with his losses. He had lost a brother, a sister and a friend who was alive but a traitor, all in one night.

And just three days ago, he had lost the love of his life, his Eva to the monster.

Overcome by grief, he needed an outlet for his pent up rage and the only target currently visible in his mind was the traitorous rat. So he set out after him.

But that was the day the quiet, ordinary, small boy who had spent his Hogwarts years in the shadows of the other Marauders, shone on his own. That day Peter outsmarted Sirius.

Now it is no secret that every Black despite being brilliant is bit of a lunatic. The lunacy present in Sirius' genes chose that moment to make itself known. He started cackling hysterically and that was the moment the Aurors came for him.

But now he was feeling the hysterical rage again. His dear pup, his Harry who had been so eager to live with him had been sent back to those abhorrent relatives of his after confronting the monster face to face.

Sirius had tolerated that too, but now he wouldn't. If Dumbass thought that his pup would go missing and he would sit at home like a good puppy then he had another thing coming.

That crook Mundungus had been assigned the task of watching over the Muggles' residence and the thief had gone off to make merry and 'have a smoke break' in his exact words.

Enough was Enough. Now Sirius would act.