Part 21

1. Jealousy springs more from love of self than from love of another.

2. Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.

3. Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretence of keeping it alive.

4. Jealousy... is a mental cancer.

5. Just think: you cannot find a single misery for which you are not responsible. It may be jealousy, it may be anger, it may be greed - but something in you must be the reason that is creating the misery.

6. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!

7. Like hatred, jealousy is forbidden by the laws of life because it is essentially destructive.

8. Love can make a great celebration out of your life - but only love, not lust, not ego, not possessiveness, not jealousy, not dependence.

9. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.

10. Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.

11. Love makes you empty - empty of jealousy, empty of power trips, empty of anger, empty of competitiveness, empty of your ego and all its garbage. But love also makes you full of things which are unknown to you right now; it makes you full of fragrance, full of light, full of joy.

12. Love shouldn't be about jealousy or anything like that. It should be about commitment and being able to trust that person. If you can't have that from the get-go, there's a problem.

13. Lovers may be - and indeed generally are - enemies, but they never can be friends, because there must always be a spice of jealousy and a something of Self in all their speculations.

14. Lovers may be and indeed generally are enemies, but they never can be friends, because there must always be a spice of jealousy and a something of Self in all their speculations.

15. Magnanimous people have no vanity, they have no jealousy, and they feed on the true and the solid wherever they find it. And, what is more, they find it everywhere.