Chapter 1: Was It Real?

(RECAPPING SMALL PART FROM LAST BOOK CHAPTER)

I stand there in shock. He didn't know me when I spent so much time with him. Tears started filling my eyes and I started to explode with tears.
You: "We-we met in an alley. You saved me from my crazy landlord and I met all your friends like Kairi! Then I we got into a big fight and we stayed in the woods together. We also ran away from druggies and I got hit by a car at the dance! And then we plan to move away to California together!"
I continue to ramble on and but Mattia just stands there with nothing to say.
You: "Mattia how could you not remember this! This wasn't a dream it was real!"
Mattia eyes get wide but he still stands there.
My cries came out more while everyone around us stared as they walked by.
Mattia: "Listen."
I look up and look at Mattia.
Mattia: "I-I had that dream too..."
I stare at Mattia with shock. We both had the same dream? Was it destiny?
————————————————————————
School was over and I was waiting in the front. I watched as the school started to clear from students to no one. Mattia asked to meet here so he could talk to me about the whole "dream" we had together. I stand there looking down, thinking hard about it. A flash memory of me and Mattia holding hands on the city bus comes to me. I really wonder if we do love each other as much as we did in that dream. I hear Mattia walking towards me, his chain belt jingles as he hurries. He gets closer and looks at me in my eyes. He stands there and crosses his arms, his sight turns away.
Mattia: So, we have no place to stay.
I remember that me and him both left New
Jersey. But then a thought came in my head.
You: But if it was just a dream, then would it mean it all wasn't true?
Mattia shakes his head agreeing to what I said. He then reaches into his pocket and grabs out his phone. He starts texting, tapping quickly. I realize that my phone should be with me too. I reach into my backpack and check to see if my phone was in there. I dig down, my hand touches all the folders and papers I had. I couldn't feel my phone anywhere. I unzip all my pockets and even check my pants pocket and hoodie. Then a memory flashes into my head. It was me, I smashed my phone onto the concrete ground outside of Mattia's old place. I fall backwards in shock. Mattia stops texting quickly and hustles to me as I was on the ground.
Mattia: Are you okay?! What happened?
I just sit there and started to tear up. The thoughts in my head were scaring me. I didn't want to think the dream was reality. But another part of me could feel it. Mattia arms were on my shoulder, he was looking at me deeply, trying to find me out.
You: I-I can't find my phone. It- I smashed it in the dream but I can't find it here.
Mattia looks at me concerned and then realizes what I was trying to say. He sits down and then looks at his phone. His eyes go wide, he goes pale like he's seen a ghost.
You: Mattia wha-whats wrong?
The hand Mattia was holding his phone with starts shaking. He then turns the phone to me so I can see it. It was text messages between him and Kairi.

I just sit there in pure shock

I just sit there in pure shock. This was really happening. Everything was real. Mattia slowly brings his phone towards him. He texts Kairi back and then powers off his phone. He puts his hands on his face. I just couldn't believe it was all true. So why are we back here and having a normal day like how I use to?
You: So what do we do? This dream did happen and we are here after everyone knows we basically ran away with each other.
Mattia stays silent for a bit and then gets up. He grabs his backpack and then starts walking off. I get up quickly going after him. I grab his arm, he looks back at me.
You: Where are you going?
Mattia yanks his arm away slowly.
Mattia: Going to Kairi's, I need to tell him about this.
He starts walking again but I run towards him, going in front of him.
You: You can't just tell him?! What if he doesn't believe you? I need to come with.
Mattia stares at me and then nods his head. I run towards my backpack and then run back to Mattia, following him.
————————————————————————We were again walking the path in the woods to Kairi's place. I walked slowly behind Mattia as he was the leader. I remember him and me laughing down this path. I wanted to ask Mattia if he has the feelings he does right now like he did in the dream. If he actually liked me, or I guess loved me. But I decide not to say anything, it could ruin what was happening. Just then Mattia stops. I slowly stop walking as I see him turn around. I walk up to him in confusion as he stared down at me. Just then he grabs my hand. He locks his fingers with mine and starts pulling me. I stare down at our hands locked together. Mixed thoughts and emotions came into my head. I caught up with Mattia so we were walking side by side. He doesn't try to make eye contact with me.
You: What are you doing?
Mattia: You are walking slow, we need to get there before the sun rises.
I stare for a bit at Mattia and then I look back at our hands. We walk a while still, still holding hands. It was nice to feel his firm grip again. A small smile formed on my face. Maybe he does have those feelings.