Exams

The semester was coming to an end and that meant exams. Maya and her friends were studying really hard for the exam.

Since Maya's father was a teacher, everyone has been asking Maya's questions about the history exam.

Despite being Cole's daughter, he doesn't tell her anything. He refuses to show her what he has planned. He doesn't see it as fair that she gets a heads up because she's his daughter.

"Guys, I don't know," Maya told them the day of the exam. "My dad had it locked away in his office back home. He won't let me see it."

They all groaned.

"Alright, guys," Madison said. "Clear out. We need to make some last minute reviews."

Madison, Jack and Maya reviewed last for their history exam.

Ten minutes before the exam, Maya put her notes in her backpack. Madison and Jack did the same thing a few minutes later.

Cole let them in and everyone took their seats.

"We all know what the exam instructions are," Cole said. "We don't need to go over it. No cheating. Phones in this basket," he placed the basket on Maya's desk. "No bathrooms. You're only allowed one notecard, front and back, in the exam."

Maya placed her phone in the basket and passed it to Madison, who did the same and passed it along.

Cole passed the exam down and they all began.

Maya was quite good in history class. She remembered most of the stuff they took but she still did the notecard for the stuff she didn't know at all.

She was able to finish the exam within thirty minutes and turned it in. There was one hour left of the exam and Maya had to sit in the back of the room as she reviewed for her next exam.

When the exam ended, Maya went to the library with her friends to continue to review.

"I can't wait until exams are over," Jack said. "This has been stressful."

"I know," Maya said.

When Maya's next exam ended, she went home with her dad and continued to study for her last two exams. Thankfully, two of her electives are exams and they had to do a project as their exam.

On Maya's last day of exams, Maya left all of her notes at home and went to school with her dad.

They got coffee on the way to school.

"Where are your notes?" Ty asked Maya.

"I left them at home," Maya said. "I don't want to stress myself out even more."

Ty nodded, understandingly.

Maya helped review with her friends, which was a review for her as well.

When she finished both of her exams that day, she was free of exams.

She waited outside of Cole's classroom as he was wrapping up his exam and letting the students in that class go.

When they all left, Maya entered her dad's classroom.

"Ready to go?" he asked as he put all the exams in a folder and into his bag.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Where's Madison?" Cole asked.

"She's coming now," Maya said.

Madison got to the classroom and Cole drove home.

Maya and Madison spent the entire day in Maya's bedroom, watching a movie on Netflix, talking and eating snacks. 

Around dinner time, they ordered pizza. They played another movie while they waited for the pizza.

After they had dinner, Madison's mother picked her up and took her home. 

They said goodbye to one another and Madison left.