Imsomnia ~ Prinxiety

Warning: Slight angst???

--------------------------------------------

Virgil groaned as he rubbed the sleepy from his eyes, writhing in his bed; he was woken up by loud knocking at his door.

As Virgil peeked at the alarm clock on his bedside table that read '2:02 am,' he sighed in annoyance, throwing the fluffy covers off his body and pulling himself up into a slouched sitting position.

'Who in the right mind has the audacity to-'

He was stopped mid-thought by more loud knocking, this time even louder. Virgil knew the people he lived with: All of them were far too stubborn to just stop knocking and walk away if he didn't answer. He shoved himself up from the bed, getting whiplash from the sudden movement before making his way over to the fake spiderweb covered door.

Virgil didn't usually allow anyone into his room, but when he opened his door to a beauty and the beast onesie-clad Roman at two in the morning, looking incredibly pouty and sleep deprived, he felt maybe there could be an exception to the universal rule of Virgil's privacy.

The spaces underneath Roman's eyes were dark and his hair was messy and undone; it was look too cute to not notice. He was had one hand up in a fist where the door once was, almost knocking Virgil in the face as the heel of his right foot mindlessly tapping against the ground; he was noticeably tense when Virgil opened the door.

Roman gave Virgil a tiny smile before speaking up and letting down his hand to beging twiddling his thumbs, looking downwards to meet Virgil's dead inside stare. It was two a.m., after all, Virgil needed to recharge his batteries.

"Have you seen Sir Cuddlesworth?" was all Roman could utter and maintain his dignity.

Virgil raised an eyebrow at the name. Obviously a name like that would go to a stuffed animal of some sort, but why on earth would Roman need one? Virgil had never heard of any name of the sort, let alone of Roman owning stuffed animals. He thought that was just Patton's thing.

"Um, who?" Virgil scoffed, Roman letting out a helpless(like Eliza) sigh. "My stuffed bear with the gold felt crown and red sash like mine, Sir Cuddlesworth." Roman explained. Virgil had never seen anything of the sort in this house, ever.

"Why?" Virgil questioned as he raised a sarcastic eyebrow, Roman looking incredibly relieved.

"I require Sir Cuddlesworth to help slay the demons of the night, so if you have him please return him immediately." Roman declared, a hint of a regal British tone lacing his voice as he clenched a fist above his head, looking up at it in a Prince-like manner.

"Right..." Virgil rolled his eyes at the melodrama.

Roman tilted his head to look past Virgil, peeking into the dark room with a glimmer of hope in his sleepy eyes.

"Sorry Princey, don't have him. Try Patton's room, maybe he has your bear." Virgil smirked as Roman's nose wrinkled in distaste.

"I've already checked all the bedrooms except yours, and besides, you'd get a few kicks out of taking my Sir Cuddlesworth, so it's very likely you took him." Roman put his hands on his hips and narrowed his eyes at the shorter man as Virgil took a moment to consider if he was actually having a conversation with a five year old child.