Chapter 1: A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You

"Chelsea, I told you not to go out last night," my mother was saying.

"I know. And I'm not at all sorry for what I did. You said I couldn't go hang out with Davy so I did it anyways. I love him," I said, flinging the front door open. "And I'm leaving."

"No you're not. Get back here right now young lady," she said. I had already thrown my single suitcase into the back of my beat up station wagon and was getting in the front seat.

"Bye mom," I said, turning the key in the ignition and speeding away from our house, headed for the Monkees pad.

I blasted 99 Pounds and hummed along.

"Well she's a heartbreaker and you can't tell me she ain't hey hey..."

Oh Davy, I thought, I can't wait to see you.

When I arrived at their pad, I all but ran to the door. I knocked rapidly and waited impatiently. The door opened and Davy appeared. I tackled him and started sobbing.

"What's wrong love?" Davy asked, lightly stroking my hair.

"I left home and I have nowhere to go," I said, my voice almost drowned out by my loud sobs.

"Oh, love. You can stay here," he said, lifting my chin with the crook of his finger. He gently pressed his lips to mine and I immediately calmed down.

"Let's go inside," Davy said, his voice slightly muffled by the mop of my hair that was plastered lazily across his face. I struggled to pull myself off the ground and he sprung up next to me. He took my hand and guided me to their small couch in the middle of the room. "Now tell me what happened."

"My mom told me not to come and see you last night but I did anyways. She tried to ground me, so I left. I'm old enough to take care of myself," I said, taking in a deep breath.

"Why'd you defy her and come see me anyways?" he asked, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

"Because I love you..." I said, leaning my head against his.

"What's that matter? She's your mother," he said.

"You're acting like you don't want to see me. I can hardly live without you," I said glumly.

"Oh, baby, that's not it at all. I just don't want to get you in trouble," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Well, you don't have to worry about it anymore because I'm NOT going back," I said.

"I wish you'd make up with her," he said. I dropped his and hastily and stood up.

"I'm going to see one of the Monkees that actually WANTS me here," I said, walking over to the stairs.

"Girl, I don't want to fight. I'm a little bit wrong, and you're a little bit right.
I said girl, you know that it's true.
It's a little bit me, and it's a little bit you, too," Davy sang. I rolled my eyes.

"You can't use that cliché song to win me over anymore," I said, climbing to the top of the stairs where the air was fresh and sweet.

£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£

Hey guys! This is only the first chapter. If people like it, I'll continue it. Also, this is for a good friend of mine, Chelsea. Thanks for reading! =] TheMonkeesForLife