Chapter 2

"Mike?" I called.

"In here, Chelsea!" he called from the bathroom. I walked to the end of the hallway and pushed the door open. Mike was standing in front of the mirror, shirtless, combing his hair. This was not an extraordinary sight for me so I was just as casual as I'd have been if he had a shirt on.

"Davy being whatever Davy is again?" he asked, knowing the routine as this happened at least once a week.

"Yea. I wish he would act like he loves me," I said with a sigh.

"He does but you're just so darn stubborn," he said. I didn't want to face the inevitable truth.

"I guess I'd better go apologize ," I said. The same thing happens every time. I left the bathroom and walked back downstairs.

"Davy..." I said, walking over to the couch. "I'm sorry for the way I acted. I'm just stubborn," I said.

"Babe, you wouldn't be you without it," he said, pulling me into his lap.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear.

"I love you too," he whispered back and then kissed me.

"Davy?" I asked, running my hand along the side of his face.

"Yes?" he replied, catching my hand as I lifted it from his face.

"Why do you even put up with me? You could have literally any other girl that would be so easy but you chose me," I said, watching as he laced his fingers with mine.

"Because easy is no fun. A girl who'll do anything I ask on a whim would get boring. You have a soul and more importantly, a free will. You do what you want and not what others expect. That's a great quality to have," he said, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"Not always," I mumbled. He didn't seem to hear me.

"You moved from Newcastle for me. No other girl would have done that for me," he said.

"Well, love is a crazy thing I suppose," I said, thinking about all the things I'd be missing in Newcastle, like Kelly being wed to the Beatle, George Harrison.

"I know how much you miss it, love. I'll take you back one day and we'll stay there for awhile," he said.

"Oh, Davy! I couldn't ask you to do that for me!" I said.

"Well, lucky for me, you didn't ask. I offered. We're going to go back someday and maybe you could even meet my family," he said, looking past me in a daydream.

"What if they don't like me?" I asked, worriedly.

"Are you kidding? They'll love you!" he said enthusiastically.

"I hope so," I said, standing up.

"Don't worry. They will. You'll see," he said, standing up and ruffling my hair as if I was a child. I hugged him wished with all of my might that this moment would never end.

=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]=•]

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I might be posting a new story called The Day We Fall In Love so be on the lookout for that! Thanks so much for reading! TheMonkeesForLife