Chapter 4

Trigger warning! Self harm!

I left my room and saw Tej and Riley looking at the CCTV cams we got all over the city. I saw Roman and we locked eyes but I scoffed and walked over to Dom.

"Hey, Dom. Listen, sorry about threatening you and shit. It's just Roman was being gobby and he didn't want to listen. But I did mean you need to get them in check." I said and he nodded but before he could reply Han came over.

"Yo Dom, I found out some news about races tonight if you're interested," Hon said making me look at Dom. He looked back at the Camaro he was working on. "4 speed Camaro SS big block. You like it?" He asked looking back at Han who replied with a shrug. "I like the color," Han said inspecting the car.

Right when he said that some flew right past my face and landed into the wall. It was the harpoon type machine with a line at the end leading all the way to Roman. He put the weapon in Tej's hands and looked around anxiously. "Roman! You have shitty aim!" I mocked him and I heard a snicker from behind me coming from Dom.

I turned to Dom "I expect you at the races tonight," I said poking his chest and walking back to my room. I got dressed in some black sweatpants while I slipped on a hoodie over my sports bra. The hoodie was a solid pink sweater which was cute. I placed a white beanie on my head and was officially satisfied with my outfit.

I exited my room and immediately spotted Dom standing by the Daytona.

"Dom! We going to race each other tonight?" I ask with a cocky smirk. "You mean the thing where your gonna lose? Ya, we can do that." He fired back with a smile. "Okay, there old man. Just don't block up traffic with how slow you drive." I fired back and he laughed and got into the Daytona. I got into my Charger and we left.

When we arrived at the races there were cars everywhere. Girls were dancing and there was a huge stage in the middle of the place. I led Dom to the races and when people saw me they started cheering making a big grin plaster my face.

I heard a tap on my window making me roll my window down to reveal Jamie, the guy in charge of the money and races. "Hey Nicole, you here for races?" He asked and I nodded I then scanned the cars around and saw Letty and pointed to her. "Get me a race with her and the guy behind me," I commanded and he nodded and I drove to the starting line.

I sat there waiting and then Letty pulled up on my left and I rolled my window down and made eye contact with her.

"You Letty?" I asked knowing it was. "Ya whos asking?" She got defensive making me laugh. "A friend. Just trust me that you won't win this race and your ride is mine." I said and she smirked. "We'll see," She said making me laugh dryly. "Ya, you'll see from my rear lights. Also on your left." I said while rolling up my window. She looked to her left to see Dom and I only turned up my music and relaxed.

The girl who starts the race walked out but I kept my window up not caring about what she had to say. I revved my engine when she pointed at me with a huge grin. She threw her hands up looking at Dom, Letty, and I then threw them down signaling to start. I slammed on the acceleration making the whole front of the car lift up and I blew past the other two. My front finally came down and I had a full view of what was in front of me.

I took a right drifting around traffic then shifting gears and blowing past more traffic. I looked in my rearview to see the other two far back making me laugh. I came upon a large area with people on sidewalks and I drifted through the intersection with ease and shifting gears again and going faster.

At this point, it wasn't even a race and it wasn't even fun anymore. I already finished and I was waiting for the other two and finally saw them coming to me.