6: Even if I Have to Crawl

( As per usual, just a note that there is ending spoilers of Persona 5 in this chapter! This story is based on the game specifically, so please read at your own risk!

As well, let me know your thoughts on this chapter. It was so much fun to write lol)

"What's wrong with him?"

Ryuji muttered awkwardly. I stared after Akechi as he got further and further away. Again I felt like I'd lost in the game of understanding him. I glanced at Skull.

Could he really be jealous..?

With a heavy sigh, I touched the communication device in my ear.

"Futaba."

"Ren! I see you've acquired Akechi. Is it time?"

"It's time. Send the calling card."

I was still leaning a bit on Skull when he heard me direct Futaba.

"N-NOW!?"

I hung up with the Oracle and blinked at my best friend. I could hear the Phantom Thieves behind me all muttering confused as well.

"Right now Ren?" Panther questioned as she crossed her arms.

Mona smiled at me and we both nodded to eachother. I knew he already understood.

"By the time we defeat the enemies through our route, Shido will have seen the card."

Yusuke stepped forward and replied to me.

"That's right. And because we've already been through the route once, it won't take us as long."

I smiled lightly.

"You got it."

--------------

"Easier than cleaning my brushes."

Yusuke, Ann and Makoto touched down from their all out attack. Fox smirked at both Panther and Queen, who returned his smile.

"Our route is secure. We just need to get to the main assembly hall." Queen continued to fill in the rest of our plans as the three of them walked towards the rest of us. As soon as they approached, Mona hopped up onto Yusuke's shoulder and the three of them were momentarily engulfed in light.

"Done! HP restored." Makoto extended a hand and lightly pet his head.

"Thanks Mona."

I sighed softly and stood. My shoulder was aching. But I hadn't actually battled the entire time we'd been in this Palace. I was getting antsy. The rest of my group all had about half their SP left only. And here I was, so injured I couldn't battle.

I glanced to my right, seeing Akechi still sitting by a pillar away from the rest of the group. He hadn't actually spoken to us much, other than to help out where needed. I wasn't really sure why he preferred to be alone.

"Ren? You better stay out of the next fight too. Shido will be difficult."

I turned around to Haru and the rest of my friends, all looking to me in worry. Despite the fact that I knew she was right, I was well aware of how dangerous Shido could be.

I shook my head.

"I'm going to fight this one."

Ryuji frowned at me.

"I think that's a real bad idea man... You cant even move your arm."

"We can't have our leader get knocked out you know." Ann crossed her arms in another fit to get me to reconsider. All 7 of them were staring at me, anxiety in their eyes.