7: A Reckoning

(I am a HUGE Persona 5 fan. So if you guys want to make this chapter extra intense, listen to Rivers in the Desert from the soundtrack while you read! Lol :'3 )

In an instant, we were thrown into battle. Makoto, Akechi, Ryuji and myself were the starting lineup, and would attack in that order. Tensions skyrocketed as Shido prepared for his first attack, laughing all the while.

"A crippled Phantom Thief, battling on the front lines? You kids really are stupid." He grinned, before dodging Queen's first physical attack. Ryuji growled and followed up with a blast of Ziodyne; dealing heavy damage to Shido. The man atop a golden beast of humans shook it off easily.

"I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!" Akechi was next, and took off in absolute fury, sending a blast of Megidolaon right at his step father. Again, Shido brushed it off, but I instantly grew nervous.
Akechi's first attack had just cost him over 30SP..

"Hahaha, is that the best you can do, Akechi?" Our enemy chuckled mockingly at Crow as he touched down from his attack. The laughter only aggravated him more, as he hardly thought before dashing forward again, taking my attack turn and throwing another Megidolaon right at Shido. Makoto, Ryuji and I all gasped.

"You idiot! You can't win this alone!" Ryuji called to Akechi as he flipped backwards after hitting his enemy with the severe Almighty attack. He touched down and scoffed at Skull.

"Stay out of this, asshole." Crows voice was brimming with anger and corruption. As I gazed over at him in surprise, I could see he wasn't shaking anymore. He didn't even look nervous. His expression had been replaced with hatred and malice.

Like he was that different, crazed lunatic, all over again.

"Child's play." Shido continued to sass his son, then his beast rose it's arm. It was readying to swipe at all of us.

"R-Ren..Ren watch out!!!" Makoto called, backing away just as the large paw swiped at us, knocking us down one at a time. I watched as Queen was knocked down and Ryuji flew backwards, but Akechi...

He just stood there.

The paw came for him next but he shockingly dodged it without missing a step. He flipped backwards again then landed infront of me, holding up his guard. The attack connected and Crow grunted in pain, falling to one knee, but still holding his guard to protect me.

"C-Crow.." I swallowed, shocked at Akechi's skill. Shido then launched his second attack, debuffing all four of us for defense. I felt my knees grow slightly weaker.

"Ryuji!" The detective prince jumped away from me and back in his spot in the lineup, holding onto his mask and seemingly ready to attack.

"Pass the baton!" He practically barked the order at him. Queen was still down due to the critical hit, so Skull was next. He gazed at him and growled.

"Hell fucking no! Captain Kidd!"

I watched as my best friend sent another heavy electric attack at Shido. It damaged him somewhat, but we still had a long way to go.

Shido shockingly managed to dodge the attack and followed up with another swipe from his beast, clearing us all for even more major damage. Akechi jumped in my way but the both of us got knocked backwards and fell to the floor. I blacked out for just a second; when I came back to, I could see Crow infront of me on the ground, his face bloody and crazed.

In that instant, it was clear he was already running into this battle with nothing but death and destruction in his mind. Even if it sacrificed himself in the process...

Shit...

---------

Finally, we managed to get Shido down to 1/4 of his HP. He had since changed forms to a winged beast, and then a human pyramid. We had managed to defeat them all, and were finally in the process of undoing him as he pelted us with attacks against that weird harness he wore..