Chapter 4 Adrien and Marinette Have Fun Together

Marinette sighed as she thought I like Adrien, but does he like me.

     Adrien in the meantime thought Marinette I like you. He sighed because he thought her running off meant she did not like him. 

   The next day...

Adrien went to the field of flowers and sighed as he thought about her. He blushed.

 Marinette arrived at the field next and smiled when she saw Adrien.  

"Hi, Adrien!  How are you?" She signed.

"I am great!" Adrien signed. He thought why do I love you?

   "Adrien, why do you look so upset?"  Marinette signed. She could tell he looked sad.

"Marinette, the other day you ran away from me.  Why did you?" He signed.

"I am sorry, Adrien.  It just took me by surprise, when you asked me if I had a boyfriend," She signed.

"Who is he?  He better take good care of you because I will punch him if he does not..." Adrien signed back. He felt jealous.

"I do not have a boyfriend, " Marinette signed back.

"What?  I thought that you..." Adrien signed back rather embarrassed.

"There was this boy once who I thought loved me, but once he found out I was deaf he bullied me.  Then, later he just ignored me,"  Marinette signed.

"I decided never to fall in love again because it hurts too much," Marinette signed to Adrien.

"Oh, I am sorry, Marinette, I never meant to make you upset, "Adrien signed back.

"My father was unhappy when I was born because  I was born deaf like you. Then, Lily came along and he was happy,"  Adrien signed.

"One day, he and Mom got into an argument. He left angry and returned a week later,"  Adrien signed.

" I am glad he came back because now your family is whole again," Marinette signed back.

"No, it is not.  You see before my father got out of the car, someone broke into it and murdered him. My father is dead," Adrien signed back. He felt sad to tell her this.

"Adrien, I am so sorry," Marinette signed.

"I am not sure why I told you this because I never told anyone this before today.  Not long after this, my mother, Lily, and I moved here," Adrien signed.

"Marinette, do not worry, I am not upset with you.  You did not know," Adrien signed back. He wished he could kiss her, but knew he could not.

"Lily looks up to you, Adrien, " Marinette signed.

"Yes, she does," Adrien signed in return.

 "My mom is partially deaf since she lost the hearing in one ear," Adrien signed.

  "Adrien, I am glad you are my friend,"  Marinette signed.

"I am glad you are my friend too, Mari," Adrien signed.

   "Adrien, come with me!" Marinette signed.

"Ok, but where pretty girl?" Adrien signed to Marinette.

"To my bakery,"  She signed.

"Ok, coming, Mari!"  Adrien signed.

   Adrien followed Marinette to the bakery.  Once inside Marinette gave him a crescent to try. 

    Adrien ate it and thought it tasted delicious.

"How was it?"  Marinette signed when he was done with it.

"Delicious," Adrien signed back. He hugged Marinette.

   Marinette laughed, blushed, and thought why did he hug me.

"Adrien, what was the hug for?" Marinette signed.

  "I just wanted to hug my friend," Adrien answered with sign language.

"Ok, See you tomorrow!" Marinette signed back.

"Yes, see you tomorrow, Mari!" Adrien signed. 

 As the days and weeks went by Adrien and Marinette became so close the townspeople called them the two deaf best friends.