Chapter 7 Mrs Agreste Shares Something Important with Marinette

Mrs. Agreste signed, "I wanted to discuss your relationship with my son while I approve of you two dating I must mention that Adrien was hurt once in the past."

"What do you mean?" Marinette signed.

"Well, before Adrien ever met you there was this girl named Jackie. Adrien cared for her," Mrs. Agreste signed.

"She was not deaf, but the two never let their differences get in the way. Jackie and Adrien dated for two years, then one day he proposed and Jackie said, 'yes'" Mrs. Agreste continued with the story as she signed.

"Her parents were furious and tried to get the two to break the engagement. Adrien and Jackie eloped. Two months after they got married, there was a horrible accident while Adrien survived Jackie died instantly. Her parents blamed Adrien and he was devasted, " Mrs. Agreste signed to Marinette.

"He loved his wife, Jackie very much. After her death, he vowed not to love anyone who was not family. All this changed the day, Adrien met you for he has not been this happy in a long time," Mrs. Agreste signed.

"What are you saying?" Marinette signed.

"I am saying despite all odds my son, Adrien has found love again. He loves you very much," Mrs. Agreste signed.

 Marinette looked at Mrs. Agreste in shock at all she was told. She did not how to respond.

   "I want you to know you must be careful how much time you spend with him," Mrs. Agreste signed.

  "I know you care about him, but I am sure how much.  Perhaps, you even love him," Mrs. Agreste signed to  Marinette.  She walked away and left Marinette alone with her thoughts.

   Marinette went over to the window and looked outside for a bit. She felt unsure how to respond to the news that Adrien is a widower.  She remained this way long enough for Adrien to notice her.

  Adrien smiled and thought is she okay.  He stared at her as she turned back around. He could seem to keep his eyes off her. He loved her.

"Adrien, how long have you been there?" Marinette signed.

"Not long, why did you miss me?" He signed.

"Yes, and I am sorry if I hurt you.  Your mother told me about Jackie," Marinette signed to him.

"Oh, I see," Adrien signed back. He thought why can not you see I love you, Marinette?

   "Thanks for having me over for supper, " She signed.