Chapter 8 Adrien Goes on a Date with Marinette

"Could I walk you home?" Adrien signed.

"Yes," Marinette signed.

Adrien held her hand again as he walked her back home. Once they arrived at her place, Adrien signed "See you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow, Adrien!" Marinette signed.

"It will be our first date," Adrien signed.

"Yes, it sure will," Marinette signed to show she agreed.

"See you at  2 pm, tomorrow!" Adrien signed.

"Sure see you tomorrow at 2 pm!" Marinette signed, then waved bye to him.

   Adrien waved back to her and went home happy.

 The next day, at 2 pm, Adrien smiled as he arrived at Marinette's place.  He waited for Marinette to come outside. He felt his breath being taken away when he saw her.

   "Hi, Adrien!" Marinette signed.

"Hi, Marinette!   You look beautiful as ever, ready for our date?"  Adrien signed.

"Yes, " Marinette signed.

"Good, so am I," Adrien signed back. He took Marinette to see the aquarium.

   Marinette enjoyed looking at all the fish. Her favorite is the sea horses. 

"Hi, Marinette!" Alix signed and winked at Adrien.

"Alix, you are back!" Marinette signed.

"Who is this?" Adrien signed.

"I am Alix, Marinette's cousin and I came to visit for a while, " Alix signed.

"Are you deaf too?" Adrien signed.

"No, I hear just fine.  I learned sign language so I could communicate with my cousin, Marinette," Alix signed in explanation.

"Ok, well it was nice to meet you, Alix. " Adrien signed.

"Bye, Marinette!  Have fun on your date," Alix signed. She walked away.

   "Your cousin is nice, but I still only like you!" Adrien signed to Marinette.

"I like you too, Adrien!" Marinette signed back.

    Adrien and Marinette looked around until they finished seeing all the sea creatures at the aquarium.  As they left, Adrien signed, "Marinette, want to get something to eat?"

"Sure, " Marinette signed.

  Adrien held her hand again and Marinette smiled.  They both managed to find something they liked to eat and enjoyed the dessert too. 

   "Adrien that was fun!" Marinette signed.

"I am glad you enjoyed the time spent with me," He signed as he thought, I love more every day.

    Adrien walked her home and noticed she looked upset. He wondered what was the matter. He let go of her hand, and signed " Marinette what is wrong?"

"Nothing, I am fine," Marinette signed as she gave him a fake smile.

"Marinette, why are you lying to me?" He signed back.

"I can not tell you because you would not understand," She signed this time.

"Marinette, please tell me!" Adrien signed in a rush. 

   Marinette did not respond at all. She just shook her head.   

    Adrien looked at her with fear in his eyes. He thought do not let it be Jackie all over again.  He felt like his world would end if he did not get an answer or perhaps it would if he did get one.

   "Marinette, I want to help you because I love you!" Adrien signed next in the hopes she would answer him.