Chapter 2

↥₁₅ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ ᴄʜᴀꜱᴇ ↥

Chase Lehnsherr was only five when Charles took him in and houses him at his school for young mutants. The reason he was told to attend school was because his mother thought it'd be a great opportunity for him to learn more and control his powers.

The boy was about eight years old when he met his best friend Jean Grey. The redheaded girl and Chase hit it right off.

They shared many of the same interests in sports, turns of fun, and boys. Yes, Jean knew Chase was gay. She was the second person he told after his mother of course.

When Chase had officially turned ten Charles began his training mostly in his telepathic ability then as years progress they got more into his elemental powers.

Chase realized at twelve he could wield all the elements like fire, water, earth, air, light, darkness, and their sub-elements.

He could also take form of that element like he could make himself into solid ice, or a rock man.

By fourteen Chase had completed most of his training in his elemental abilities, but needed more work on his telepathic abilities.

"Chase focus." Charles instructed the teen. The professor has been training Chase more on his telepathic abilities.

"Are you sure about this Dr. McCoy?" Chase asked the doctor.

"Yes, Chase it's fine." Hank assured the boy.

"Ok."

"Now, Chase focus on Hank, fell yourself inside his mind." Chase followed Charles instructions. He closed his eyes and took in a big breath.

"Hank?" Chase reached out to Hank through his mind.

"Yup, it's me." Hank answered back through thought.

"I did it." Chase jumped in air with excitement.

"Well done Chase, we'll continue this tomorrow. Remember to train your powers over the elements as well."

"Ok bye professor, bye Dr." Chase left the training room.

Chase and Jean we're walking neither of the two were paying attention and they bumped into Scott. Jean's and Chase's papers fell out of their arms

The two friends both moved to stick out their hands. Jean used her telekinesis to make her papers come back to her. Chase used his power over air to keep his papers from hitting the floor.

"Watch where your going." Jean told Scott in his head rather than out loud.

"I can't." Scott said pointing at the white bandage on his eyes.

"Who are you talking to?" Alex asked.

"Me." Jean said but this time out loud.

"I just heard you in my head." Scott says.

"She's telepathic meaning, she reads minds." Chase says giving the boy a somewhat headed look.

"Stay out of mine. I don't need some weird girl in my head." The boy said. Chase scoffed.

"Don't worry Scott their isn't much to see." Jean sassed back. She and Chase walk away.

"Hey wait I didn't even tell you my name?" Scott questioned.

"No you didn't." Jean says as she and Chase walk away.

"What a jerk." Chase said as the two headed to the archery field.

"Tell me about it. People here already make me feel like an outsider I don't need another one." Jean say placing her books and paper in her locker.

"Hey." Chase placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your my bestfriend Jean your not an outsider. If anything I'm the outsider just look at my powers."

"Yeah. Thanks for trying to make me feel better." Jean strapped on her gear.

"Your welcome now let's go have a little challenge. First one to get ten bullseye in a row win."

"Your on and no powers." Jean warned. "That's how you won last time."

"Lies. I remember winning without the need of my powers." Chase said in matter affect tone.

"Sure." Jean says sarcastically.

"Alright just for that comment I'm gonna win." Chase says smugly.

"You cheated." Chase accused Jean who won by a split second.

"No your just bad at archery." Jean teased.

Chase gasped. "More lies."

"The first step in understanding one's power." Jean and Chase could hear the professor. The two saw him walking with Dr. McCoy and the rude teen from the door with his brother. "Is learning the extent of it. Only then we can begin the process of getting to control it. Of you do decide to stay I can promise you by the time your done here you be ready to go back into the world and find a stable and conductive partner."

Charles parked himself close to the water out looking his and Chase's favorite tree. "Why don't you take off the bandages and we can see what we're dealing here. Alex would you like him up facing the right direction. Theirs a target just across the range."

Jean and Chase watched as Scott took off his bandages. "You can open your eyes Scott their nothing to be afraid of-"

Red lasers shot out of Scott's eyes. Professor jumped back. The red lasers shot into the water before traveling to the target Jean and Chase were using and destroyed it. Scott's eye continued to move and the lasers found themselves going into Chase's and Charles favorite tree.

Scott finally closed his eyes. Chase's breath hitched as he saw the damage done to the tree and the ground.

"The hell?" He walked across the water and guided some of the liquid to the little fires that plagued the ground.

The students watched as the curly haired male walk across the water and put out the fires. Chase planted himself on the ground and focused his power into the ground.

Soon the ground that was once burned and cracked sealed up and replaced the burned grass with fresh green grass. The once burned and broken tree stood tall again healthier than before.

"Wow."