3: Independent Research

"Morning Areum." Jimin said smiling.

"Hey! How are you?"

"Good, our cells look healthy, thanks to you."

Areum smiled slipping on some gloves and and shrugging on her lab coat.

"It's no problem Jimin."

"Well if there's ever anything you need then let me know."

"I don't think I have anything. But I'll think about it." Areum said.

No one was doing work yet, perfect timing to make everyone look lazy.

"So when I'm not in the lab, none of you work huh? I'm glad I came." Yoongi spoke, his sharp eyes shooting daggers at everyone.

"I thought he didn't come in here much." Areum whispered to Jimin.

"He doesn't. I don't know..." The blond man said softly.

"Well... Don't just stand there, move." He sneered.

"Does he work alone? Have a partner?" She asked.

"The only person he willingly works with is Jin." He said starting to grab some glass wear.

"Why are you still over here, don't you have to do your own research?"

"I'm scared. He's looking at me so I just want to do some work." He said quickly.

"Where's Kookie?"

"Back at our station."

Jungkook was in the back of the room aimlessly transferring cells between test tubes.

'Help me Noona.' He mouthed.

Areum went back and grabbed his hand. "Jungkook can you help us treat some cells?"

He nodded quickly thanking her for the distraction as he walked to her work station with her.

Jin sighed seeing all the panic in the lab.

"Don't you know you're scaring them Yoongi?" He asked grabbing a beaker.

"I'm just keeping people on task. That's my job."

"More work gets done when you're not in here so apparently you're not doing it well." Jin said rolling his eyes as he began testing their samples.

"It's not my fault. That's just how I am."

"Well try to be a bit more... Friendly..." He said softly.

"I suppose I could try. These experiments are turning out well so far. We could be close sooner than I anticipated." He said placing his glasses on the counter top to look at the microscope.

"They are. What will you do if we finally complete the project?"

"Start working on another incurable disease."

"But this was like your main thing. You don't think it'll be... Weird?"

"No. Maybe once it's over I'll finally feel accomplished." He said.

"I hope you're right about that one." Jin sighed.

"You haven't been in the lab recently." Jin quickly changed the subject as he put some cells in the centrifuge to separate them from solution.

"Director has me doing so much paperwork, I just haven't had time in a while."

Jin nodded his head understandingly, frantically looking for a pen to record his work.

"By the way hyung... What are those three doing?" He said pointing to Jungkook Jimin and Areum who looked like total idiots at the moment.

"Hell if I know. Why?"