6: Party crashed

It's been a few weeks. Getting Yoongi to open up was hard but we eventually made it and now I can confidently say we're-

Acquaintances.

You know that friend you talk to at work when you run into them or when you need each other's help or when you're in a meeting and no one else you know or like is there?

That's Yoongi and I. I mean it's progress I suppose. And on the bright side my testing for his cures have been decent so if he thought I was dumb before he didn't think it now at least. Yeah I don't think this is really getting me anywhere.

Don't ask me why I'm so fasinated with him anyway, because I don't even know myself. He's just so mysterious and closed off and I'm curious. It's like a child who gets an obsession over a toy they can't have.

Of course while all of that was running through my head I wasn't paying attention to my work.

"Areum!"

"Fuck I'm sorry..." I mumbled tiredly.

"You're so spaced out. I know it's late and all but damn. Also, did you just say fuck to your boss?"

I jumped. Believe it or not I have never cursed in front of Yoongi because I'm aware he is still my supervisor. But I guess the closer you get to someone the more likely you are to slip up.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to really! I-" I paused as I saw his lips curve into an amused smirk.

"You're so easy to scare." He chuckled.

"That's not funny you bastard, I thought you were really going to fire me!" I pouted.

"Calling me a bastard now are we?"

"You don't care."

He shrugged. "You're not wrong."

"What were you trying to ask me in the first place?" I asked yawning.

"I wanted to know how many milligrams of [x] I would need to kill this many pathogens so we could hopefully come up with a ratio to see how potent [x] is." He said.

Yoongi has endearingly named his cure chemical x so that what we call it.

"H-How potent... Wait so the ratio of [x] in milligrams..."

He chuckled. "God you really are tired. But we need to get this done. How about we take a break, get some coffee?" He suggested.

Yoongi never offered breaks or refreshments even if he did keep me up until 3 a.m. Weird.

"That sounds nice right about now." I said softly.

"Alright. Do you like it black or no?"

"Black is disgusting." I said.

"Suit yourself. That's my favorite way to drink it." He shrugged. "Well then sit tight. I'll be back." He said going down stairs.

I nodded taking the opportunity to rest my head a little bit. On top of helping Yoongi with his multiple tests I still had the party to plan and unfortunately time was winding down.

My phone went off waking me up out of my daze and I checked it quickly.

"Congratulations Areum, your balloons have shipped."

Great and I still have a lot more to order. It didn't take too long for Yoongi to come back with two mugs of coffee.

"Here, you look like a zombie." He smirked.

"I don't have to help you know. You're the only reason I look like this." I groaned taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well let's just say I owe you one."