Epilogue

We got on the jet no problem.
Nobody looked even twice at our passports.
Seems like getting into Europe would be the hard part.
We were traveling with an entourage of ten people, all dressed in grey suits, Miranda being one of them.
They sat me next to Paul Herford who immediately started chatting away about how this multiple hour long flight would be an amazing experience to get to know each other better.
I was already thinking about how to fake being asleep or how to tell him that I would have to throw up if I opened my mouth just to escape the conversation, but soon after take- off, he fell asleep.
People came by and offered me food, magazines or movies so that the time would fly by faster, but I was very happy just staring out the plane window and to look at nothing but blue.

After all I had been through I wanted to have changed and I wanted to have evolved like all the people in the movies seem to.
But I could not shake the feeling that I was still the same old directionless college kid.Yes, I had a couple stories to tell (if somebody back home ever believed me that I hung out with vampires and not put me into a hospital or something because they thought that I must have been brainwashed during my time away).

But it felt like I was using my adventure to distract me from my real problems.
It helped me procrastinate becoming a grown- up by which I mean knowing what to do with myself, pursuing a career, planning a family and settle down.
But I decided that that was okay for now.
Who was to say that I had to have it all figured out?
Who got the chance to procrastinate real life with meeting a vampire Queen and going to Europe?
I was on a welcome vacation from my every day life and I was ready to see where it would take me.
I would worry about what my parents, Max, Susie and my co workers from the superstore would think about all of that when I got back.
If I got back.
No, when I got back.
I drifted in and out of sleep, helped four other people to calm Paul Herford down after we hit some turbulence but mainly, just stared out of the window and tried to mentally prepare myself for whatever happened next.

I woke up after a long period of sleep when the captain announced that we would be landing soon.
Exited, I looked out of the window.
I could spot little light underneath us.
We were here.
Paul Herford was very pale next to me.
He had folded his hands and it looked like he was praying.
The plane hit the ground I was ready for new distractions.
And it looked like I was about to find out what exactly they were very soon.

the end