9 // Can't Keep Secrets from Family

Harleigh and I sit in the airport, waiting for our flight to New York to be called out through the huge building. There is no communication between us at the moment and I can't help but wonder what's going on in her head.
She's been in and out of day dreaming for the past thirty minutes so that's kinda making me wonder even more. I want to ask but I really don't know what to expect for her to say.
"Harleigh," I finally break the rock hard silence. "what's wrong?"
"Would you have told me Taylor was alive even if he didn't agree to it?" Her question takes me by surprise.
"What? Of course I would. Taylor's like a brother to you, why would you think I wouldn't tell you?"
"I don't know." She looks down at her lap. "I just wanted to know if you were only telling me because he was okay with it or if you were telling me because I'm your sister."
"Okay, Taylor's the love of my life but if he wouldn't have agreed, he'd have to deal with me telling you because I would."
"What about everyone else? Are they gonna know?"
I sigh, "Eventually they will."
She nods as she pulls out her phone. "What do I tell Hayes?" She panics. "I won't be home when they get back."
"Tell him that you're meeting me in Indiana to visit family for a little while."
"I hate lying to him." She mutters right before they announce our flight.
"Flight 220 to New York, now boarding."
Harleigh and I get our luggage and carry ons and make our way to the gate. This plan better work. I pull out my phone to call Taylor before we actually take off.
"Hello?"
"Hey, we're boarding now so we should be there for two o'clock."
"Okay, thank God. I miss you already and I just saw you yesterday."
A blush rises to my cheeks at his choice of words, "Well, I gotta go. See you soon, Caniff."
"Okay. I love you, McBride."
"I love you more, Taylor Michael."
"Oh, so we go from last names to first and middle?" He chuckles.
"That's how I roll, join me or don't."
"Don't worry, I'll join you Madison Elizabeth."

✖✖✖✖✖

My knee bounces up and down with anticipation as the plane lands. I just want to be back with him already even though I just saw him yesterday. It's pitiful but inevitable non-the-less. Also, I'm just ready for Harleigh to finally see him again.
"Come on, Maddie." Harleigh has a huge grin on her face when I look up at her from my seat.
"Right, sorry." I chuckle. I grab my carry on and follow Harleigh off the plane to baggage claim.
"Come on, come on, come on." Harleigh rushes. "Come on bag, I'm trying to get to someone."
I spot our bags coming and point my index finger at them, "There they are."
"Finally-" Harleigh is prevented from grabbing her bag when someone cuts her off and grabs it for her.
"I've got that for you."
I turn around, now facing Shawn. "Hey!" I wrap my arms around him. "What are you doing here?"
"Well, yesterday I was wondering why you left because I obviously didn't buy your shitty excuse." I laugh at his choice of words. "But when I walked outside to call you, I ran into Taylor." He drags on. "Then I knew, instantly, what was going on. You went home to get Harleigh to come back to get Taylor. So I just came here to pick you two up."
"You can't tell anyone, Shawn. You know? That Taylor's alive?"
"I know he explained everything to me. The secrets safe with me. Now, come on. We have to get you to your boyfriend and Harleigh to her future brother-in-law."
"We aren't dating." I state but a smile still covers my face.
"Huh," Shawn looks at me with a puzzled look. "You haven't seen each other in over a year yet you still act like I'm going to believe that you aren't in love with him."
"Shut-"
"Especially since the reason you walked out of my apartment, the only reason you actually found him, was because you found his old bandana in your bag and couldn't handle it."
"Okay!" I give in. "Yes, I'm in love with him. We just aren't dating ."
"Please, when we get to him, you'll run straight into his arms and start making out with him on the spot." Harleigh lets her input in.
Blood rises to my cheeks, covering them like a blanket, only happening because of how right she is.

✖✖✖✖✖

"I can't believe this is happening." Harleigh mutters as the car quickly approaches the hotel Taylor is staying at.
"I didn't think you were going to believe me." I admit. "When I was on the plane coming to LA, I was just hoping and praying that you'd believe me and come to New York with me."
"I'll always believe you, Maddie. You're my sister." She smiles.
I smile back at her and nod. I notice we're parked and in front of the hotel.
"Have fun." Shawn smirks but quickly returns to his serious face. "Just not too much fun."
I laugh at his quickly changing facial features. "Thanks Shawn. I'll call you." I smile then quickly rush out of the car with Harleigh to get our things then to head inside. Harleigh grabs hers first then tells me she's going inside. I nod then turn toward the trunk of the car to get mine out.
My bag seems ten times heavier than when I packed it. Probably because I'm rushing so hard to get to him that I'm not even really trying to pull it out. Again, pitiful.
After I finally secure my luggage handle in my grip, I tug it out of the trunk then rest it on the cement and close the trunk. I drag my slightly importable bag behind me as I walk through the doors of the hotel. Harleigh is frozen in her place ahead of me, just staring at Taylor who is sitting in a chair in the lobby.
"Taylor!" She finally yells, causing him to look up at her. She runs into his arms and he spins her around before returning her to the ground.
"Where's your sister?" He asks. Harleigh turns my way, pointing a finger at me.
"Miss me?" I smile.
"More than you'll ever know." He grabs my waist and spins me around before returning me to the ground. "I want to kiss you."
"Why aren't you?"
"Thought you wanted to be just friends?" He questions.
"That doesn't matter. You're still the guy I'm in love with." I remember what Shawn told me back at the airport, influencing my choice of words.
He smiles at my comment before gently pressing his lips to mine. His lips are the same way they've always been; comforting.
"Hello?" Harleigh calls out. "Don't we have shopping to do?"
I look at Taylor, "Nothing like being at home." He smiles.
I furrow my eyebrows, "We aren't home."
Taylor shakes his head side to side, "For me, home is wherever I am with you."

✖✖✖✖✖

The flight to our original home was filled with Taylor and I joking around, taking pictures, and messing with people while Harleigh slept peacefully beside us. After getting off of the plane, a sense of relief hit me. It's the same thing that hits me every time I come to Indiana. It's home.
Taylor and Harleigh follow behind me as I walk to baggage claim. The last time I came to Indiana was about six months ago. I was coming to visit Taylor's dad and to see how he was doing. This time around we are coming to see his dad, but he has no idea Taylor is actually alive.
"So, what's the plan?" Taylor asks as he sets our luggage on the ground.
"Uh, I say we go back to the house for tonight then go see your dad tomorrow. Sound good?"
"Uh, yeah. Yeah, perfect." Taylor nods and smiles nervously.
"Don't be nervous, Tay. It's just your dad." I reassure him.
"Yeah, I know. But I basically just came back from the dead," He sighs. "this is inevitably going to fail."
"I think we'll do okay, Taylor. Don't worry about it too much." I smile. "Okay? this is your dad we're talking about."
"I just don't know what to expect, Maddie." He sighs.
"Expect for your dad to be overly happy, and ecstatic, and probably crying of happiness." I smile with a nod.

✖✖✖✖✖

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in months! I've been extremely busy with school and cheer and more school. It's a lot on my plate!

No more excuses, I'll try to try harder for you guys!

Anyway, on another note...

CATCHING FEELINGS HAS ALMOST 100k READS!!!!!!

GUYS IM FREAKING OUT!!

-xoxo