3. Angel

*Alec's car pictured above*

    Mrs. Davis hands us a paper with questions we can ask on it. I stare over at Alec and he of course has a smirk on his face. "Everyone move with your partner and get started." Mrs Davis said. I watch as Alec gets up from his desk and grabs his bag. He walks over and sits down right next to me.

"So V how about we head to my place after school to start on the paper?" My whole body freezes. I haven't heard that nickname in almost 9 years and only my dad called me V. He shakes my arm.
"Hey are you okay?"
"Um yeah but can you just call me Veronica?" I said in the most shaky voice ever.
" Not a problem, Angel." He laughed
" ugh not angel just Veronica" I silently scream this boy is super cocky and he knows it.
"Whatever you say. Can we just work on the project before you blow a fuse?" I open my mouth and internally scream so no one could hear how frustrated this boy made me.
    We get out the papers and start to write our names on them.
" Hey you never answered my question about coming over after school."
" I can't I have to help my mom today, maybe Friday?"
" Friday won't work for me I have football practice then a game this weekend."
"Maybe I can ask my mom if I can maybe meet you somewhere close to my house tomorrow around 6:30pm?" I pray it works my mom will not let me go to anyone's house and most definitely not a boy.
"Yeah that should work." He hands me his phone and tells me to put my number in.
"Give me your phone and I'll do the same" I reluctantly pull out my old second hand phone mom gave me when she got a new one.
    He looked at my phone like he didn't know what century it even came from. I type in my name and number and hand him back his phone. He smiles and hands me my phone back. The bell rings and he says before leaving " nice serve you had in gym angel." And then he's gone and I'm left in a shocked state. How can Mr. bad boy player flirt with a girl like me? It was probably nothing. He probably just really thought my serve was good, but what did I tell him about calling me angel?
    I grab my bag and walk out of class. I don't get far before my attention for some reason turns to the parking lot, and I see Alec and Madison by his car. Legit the prettiest orange u have ever seen. And it's an Aston Martin vantage. What I like fast cars lol? Not like I could ever afford one. Madison catches me looking so she grabs the back of Alec's neck and starts making out with him.
    I turn away eww I don't want to throw up the only good meal I get in a day watching those two make out. And yes I'm jealous. Why would he even go out with her? Yeah she's pretty but that's it. I walk slowly home, mostly dragging my feet as I walk. I made it home around 3:30pm. I slowly walk up to the porch and I hear things being thrown inside.
    I hurry in to find my mom throwing a plate across the kitchen.
" Mom what's wrong?" She screams and throws what looks like a piece of mail at me.
" I got a letter in the mail that says we are no longer getting food stamps and it's all your fucking fault" I know what's coming so I brace myself for the impact. Her hand comes back and smacks me hard in the face. I fall to the ground. She grabs me by my hair and pulls me up to just throw me back across the room.
    I start to tear up. " dry your fucking tears Veronica cry baby bitch isn't a good look for you." I wipe my face and she tells me to go up to my room and get myself cleaned up.
" You're gonna go out and find yourself a part time job to cover the food your fat ass  eats in this house." I said okay and head up to my room. I close the door and sink to the floor.
    And the tears come crashing down. How can a mother hate something so much that they made and held in their body? Sometimes I wish I was just blessed with okay parents. Ones who still suck but don't abuse me, but god hates me and gave me her. I get up and go over to the mirror to asses the damage done to my face. I have a nice bruise starting to form on my cheek.
    I grab my color corrector and dab some on. I cover it with concealer. I go to my closet and find the nicest outfit I own.