Ch. 1: Freshman At U.A.

{Chapter 1}
_______________

♡ F r e s h m a n  A t  U.A. ♡

Key:

Key:

[Y/n] | [L/n] ; Your First Name | Your Last Name

[Y/B]; Your Birthday

《1st POV》

Standing in front of my high school, I stare at the lettering implanted above me. U.A., the hero school I successfully got accepted into after passing the Entrance Exam. Except, I'm just coming in two weeks late. Hell, I was just lucky enough to barely meet the qualifications at such a wrong time...But nevertheless, something sucks though: I don't have any friends.

"[Y/n], how are you feeling?" I managed to hear his voice over my earbuds.

Well, at least I have Shoto Todoroki by my side for sure.

To make a...somber gruesome story short, my mental state has been in constant torment as I suffered by Father's physical abuse since I was five-years-old. One day, there was a house fire...and an indoor snowstorm.

Police officials investigated the cause being the fire quirk holder: [my] Father, and he was sent to jail for 15 years. At least that's what I was told. I was then taken to the hospital for psychotherapy and treatment because I was powerful enough to overcome the fire by freezing the whole house unintentionally.

Mother died a long time ago because of a car crash caused by a villain, so I was all alone living in an unwelcoming psychiatric unit since the 7th grade, and I come back now as a first year high school student.

That's what I meant by nearly missing my chance to enter the Entrance Exam: because the administration and board thought about my mental health. Instead, I was given special medication for a different kind of bipolar disorder I have, and multiple test runs were needed to predict the effects on me, which is why I missed the first two weeks of school.

As for Shoto, I knew him and he knew me since 6th grade, the same elementary school I, Izuku Midoriya, and Katsuki Bakugou went to, but Shoto and I wouldn't talk...he wouldn't talk to anyone actually. He's quiet like that, but that's because his father is Endeavor, the second pro hero.

But ever since that incident, he's grown more talkative towards me. Though he tries to deny it, it's obvious we've became close only because he was set up to keep me in check. That's how bad the incident was. But because I was kept somewhere for two years, no one knows who I am, and the once hot global news was forgotten (I'm glad of it), but sometimes, I feel like some people may know me like the adults.

"I'm alright, Todoroki," I reply casually, pushing aside a lock of my white-almost-silverish hair which consisted of also dark roots.

My quirk is ice and only ice. It's simple, I can shoot ice and snow from my hands and other special stuff like blowing cool air and making snowflakes. Speaking of snowflakes, I have a white birthmark shaped as a snowflake on the left side of my cheek.