2.3 | ?!?!?!

yeon narae pov

yeon narae pov

"How are you supposed to get free from these chains?" Jisung squirmed as he tried to remove the hunks of metal clamped to his wrists.

I bit my lip grimly. "I can work with locks really easily. If only I had something sharp..." I looked around, to see if there was anything like a screw or anything shaped like a key.

"Ah!" I spotted some metal rods that were about the size of a finger. They had fallen from the ceiling and were just collecting dust in the corner of my cell. "I hope this works..."

It was hard, but I knew I had to do this for Chenle and Jisung, and my life as well. If we didn't bust out of here and arrest the 1:27, Chenle's and Jisung's life is over and there will be no hope. I wriggled the rod through the lock, trying to remember the lock breaking lessons I took.

Click.

I felt waves of shock and surprise crash down on me. It worked.

"Jisung, it worked!" 

"Wow! Seriously? It worked?" Jisung's mousy eyes widened with happiness.

"Yeah! Let me just try and reach for your cell..." I strained my arms and tried to reach Jisung's cuffs.

With a few squirming movements and a bit of fiddling with the metal rods, Jisung's cuffs also came undone. 

We both looked at each other with widened, happy eyes. Jisung jumped up and down, joy radiating from his head to his toe. He smiled brightly. "Oh my god! I'm free from these chains! Wait, now we have to just get out of our cells..." 

I fumbled with the metal rod. The keyhole was jammed. 

"Dammit! It's jammed, it's blocked. It's not gonna work." I sighed and turned to the crestfallen face of Park Jisung.

"Shoot," I murmured under my breath and studied the lock. Then, it hit me. I turned the lock around and saw the passcodes.

"Oh, Jisung. It's a passcode. We just have to figure this code out and we can free Chenle. Then, we make our way around the hideout." I tried to stay positive.

"No way. It can't be that easy. Wherever there's a possibility, there's a downfall. I bet you that once we open the code, demons or something like that will eat us." Jisung's face darkened as he listed all the worst case scenarios of our situation.

"True, true. The 1:27 is really twisty and tricky. They have traps everywhere and guards hiding in the corner. I bet they even-" I stopped. 

I was fumbling with my shoelace, but my fingers intertwined with something cold and metallic.

When I looked down, I saw a small, metal ball with beeping lights. 

Jisung and I gasped when we realized what it was.

I ripped it off my shoe and examined it. 

It was a voice recorder. 

"Break it, break it!" Jisung exclaimed frantically.

I nodded and crushed it under my feet. Tiny blue sparks of electricity flew from the damned piece of metal and the sound of static made me cringe. Sweat trickled down my back and forehead. If this voice recorder was recording everything that Jisung and I were saying in these cells, it meant that the 1:27 knew that we were trying to escape. 

Suddenly, the lights turned off. The atmosphere changed drastically to musty, cold, ghostly-like and chills ran up our spines. 

We took sight of a slim, tall, masculine figure. He had spiky hair and everything about him made me gag in fear. 

"Well, well, well...what do we have here?" 

/////

a/n

yikes