2.9 | CAPTAIN

yeon narae pov

yeon narae pov

/////

As soon as Jisung collapsed in front of me, I knew that something was wrong. Jisung was fine before, but just now, he acted like a demon, almost. His eyes were different, his voice was definitely not his own, and the way he spoke was abnormal, too. 

Maybe he was possessed, I thought to myself. The 1:27 have those kind of tricks, don't they?

Then, I heard a grunt coming from Jisung. I jumped. He was waking up and it freaked me out. 

"J-Jisung?"

Jisung looked up at me. His eyes were normal. They were like the hamster eyes I saw when I first saw him. "N-Narae? Is that you?"

"Y-yeah, it's me, Narae," I inched towards him, but being in a net didn't help things. "Do you remember anything?"

He shook his head innocently. "N-no...what happened?"

"Um...I think a demon, a Spirited or a Messenger, I think, possessed you." I tried to put it lightly, but Jisung was definitely freaking out.

"WHAT?!"

It was the first time I heard Jisung scream, and to be honest, it was amusing. "J-Jisung, keep it down. I know it sounds freaky, and it kind of was, but that's over. That was just the 1:27 trying to discourage me. It's one of their plain old tricks."

Jisung looked uncertain. "Are you sure? Did I hurt you?"

I shook my head. "No, well, mentally, I guess, but that's not important. The important thing is, we have to get out of these...net things before Taeyong comes back in and threatens us. The execution date is only a few days away."

Jisung chewed on his lip anxiously. "Right," then, he added in a confident voice, "Let's find a way."

I nodded and began examining the ropes. "This net is made up of really thick rope, it'd be impossible to find something to cut through these," I looked at the rest of the trap. "If only I could figure out how they tied these..."

Suddenly, I heard voices. "Jisung, duck! Pretend you're sleeping!" I whispered.

He looked confused, but obliged. I curled up into a ball and listened. The voices were near. Very near. And then, I found out where they were coming from.

The floor underneath us wasn't even covered completely. It was caged.

"HE WHAT?!" The all-too familiar shriek of the 1:27 captain rang through my ears. I grimaced but kept listening, curious. "Jaehyun, that son of a bitch, he did WHAT?!"

"Stabbed him, sir. Right in the gut. I don't know why he did it, I was only a spectator." The voice was unfamiliar. "I think Jaemin was being disobedient or something along those details, sir."

My blood ran cold. I knew Jisung felt the same way as I did. Jaemin. He got stabbed. By another 1:27 member. Suddenly, it was like all the rocks of the world fell on top of me, squishing me and squeezing all the life out of me. 

"And everyone just went along with it?" Taeyong's voice was becoming icier and icier by the minute. "No one stopped it? No one said anything? They just laughed?"

"Y-yes, sir." The other voice replied nervously.

"Is Jaemin alive at least?" I peeked and saw Taeyong gripping onto the unknown man's collar. The man struggled. 

"I-I don't know, sir. He passed out, I'm pretty sure."

Taeyong furiously let go of the man's collar and threw a knife into the wall. It stuck, perfectly intact with the bricks, making them crack. "He's going to die from blood loss, you idiot! A human being, let alone a teenager, can't survive a stab wound for that long! Get your ass down there and help him!" He firmly gripped the man's wrist and stomped away, to be out of sight.

Once they were completely out of view, Jisung and I looked at each other, horrified.

"Jaemin got stabbed."

/////

a/n

trash update i'm sorry!