2.4 | PLAYING GAMES

yeon narae pov

yeon narae pov

/////

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" His voice was like acid, sizzling down my throat, daring to kill me in a second. His entire aura was dark and psychotic, like a wild patient from an asylum gone wild. Just looking at him made me shiver in fear, but I had to stand my ground. After all, I am a detective working for the police.

"Who are you?" I tried to keep my voice from cracking. 

The man chuckled. When I took a closer look at him, I stepped back in fear.

His entire face was gorgeously dangerous. He had spiky red hair that screamed "blood, blood, blood!" and a jawline so sharp it could tear human flesh. His eyes were piercing cold and just staring into them made me tremble. His skin was snow pale and stained with blood. I didn't know if it was his or someone else's blood that he spilled. There were piercings all over his body. His ears, eyebrows, lips. And on his hands with huge, popping veins, was a tattoo inked in black: 1:27.

"I know you, you're Yeon Narae, aren't you?" The man smiled cheekily. He revealed sparkling white teeth. "The smart, clever, detective that unfortunately got captured by my sidekick Doyoung," He pouted. "How sad." Sarcasm dripped off his tongue.

"Where's Jaemin? He was the boy that was with me the entire time!" I protested. Jisung was crouching into a ball in the cell next to mine in fear.

"Na Jaemin? The scrawny kid that Doyoung took away?" The male threw his head back and let out a series of demonic laughs that made my blood run cold. "Poor you, Narae. Unfortunately, Jaemin is part of the 1:27 now. He's a great addition to my army, don't you think?" 

My insides disintegrated. "What?! How could you? He was innocent! Innocent! He doesn't deserve to be put into this life-degrading torture! He can't-"

The man cut me off short by opening my cell door and shoving his hand in front of my mouth threateningly. His face stayed calm and blank. "Now, now, Narae. We don't want those kinds of words coming out from those pretty lips of yours, don't we?" He smiled.

I struggled in his grip. "Let go of me!" I tried shouting, but it came out like a muffle.

The man's stare became toxic and cold. "Narae," he began, letting go of my face. Instead, he gripped his hands around my neck, pressing his fingers into my throat. I gasped. I felt Jisung's presence become smaller and smaller. "Playing games with me, Lee Taeyong, is like playing with fire. One minute, you're having fun, the next minute, your hand is burning up," He let go of my neck. I gasped heavily for air, perspiration dripping down my brow. "So, be careful what you do and what you say as a prisoner, Narae. I already caught you and that imbecile Park Jisung trying to escape, I will be killing you on the spot, pushing a knife into you, watching your life slowly get sucked out of you, if you don't obey the rules we have here."

I gritted my teeth. What stood in front of me was a pure, psychotic monster. He had no mercy whatsoever and took pleasure in people's pain. 

"With that being said, Yeon Narae and Park Jisung, I will be sending you two to another room. Leave the Chenle boy here, alone. Let him rot before we even hang him on the poles." Taeyong let out another few seconds of demonic laughter. 

"No!!" Tears pricked Jisung's eyes. Desperation pinched his face. Sorrow filled his irises. 

Taeyong laughed again. I was really starting to detest his laughter as much as his presence. "Sorry, kid. But in this world..." He stomped his foot and banged his fist against Jisung's cell, making him flinch.

"The 1:27 will always have the upper hand."