Chapter 17

Atalia sprinted by the foreign trees, never have taken this route before. To avoid getting caught, she took a route dangerously close to the mortal world. She was even able to hear the distant rushing of cars.

Once she arrived at her destination, which was deep into the forest and disguised from mortal eyes, she smirked.

Oh, how fun it was to play games with the son of Hades. She could still remember his scared expression when she had him against the wall that day. Even better, nobody would ever have to find out!

Stepping quickly up the stairs, she thought about all the food that she would finally be able to get. It had been too long, and the clan was starving. She had to succeed, or else who else would? Who would bring back pride and fresh blood to the King other than her? She was the best choice there was.

In fact, Apollo had nothing on her. Apollo was a fool, he could have started war already and taken over, but he was too dense and just sat in his throne. If Atalia was in charge, she would take over all the lands. Over everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Solace explained the plan to Nico slowly, over and over so that nothing could go wrong. Nico nodded, his eyes widening in shock the more he listened.

It was a difficult plan, and required him to be super careful. If he was caught by Hades, he would surely get punished and Will would be locked up. Worst case scenario, Will could be killed.

He didn't want anything to happen to his boyfriend.

Seeing the distress in Nico's eyes, Will smiled softly at him and rested his hand on Nico's shoulder.

"Don't worry Death Boy, I won't let us get caught," Will pinched his cheek in between his two fingers, which made Nico frown and move his head back.

The nickname he gave him should've annoyed him too, but Nico found it hard to stay angry at Will. Even so, he retaliated with a name he knew Will didn't like.

"Don't call me Death Boy, William."

"Don't call me William, Death Boy," Will pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"William."

"Nicholas."

Nico scrunched up his nose in disgust at his full name, making Will laugh and throw his head back. Still laughing, he took Nico's face in his hands and kissed the boy's soft pink lips. Nico's eyebrows shot up in surprise, but soon he relaxed and returned Will's kiss, resting his hands on Will's lap.

Then Nico smiled.

Will removed his lips from Nico's, much to Nico's dismay. The blonde raised an eyebrow, and stared at Nico who looked at him in confusion.

"Nico, did you smile?" Will's light blue eyes stared at his, looking brighter and clearer than ever. A small smile situated on his lips, making him look even more attractive to Nico.

"No."

Will frowned, his eyes becoming darker. "Oh, come on! I felt you smile! I want to see you smile," he pouted, his eyebrows knit together which made him look like a cute baby. Nico felt that he wanted to smile again, but he didn't want to smile at Will, because that would be admitting defeat. Instead, he turned his head the other way, staring at the wall.

Will sighed. He took Nico's chin in his hand and turned him to face him, making a funny face at an attempt him to make him laugh.

Nico remained stoic, not wanting to give in.

Then Will did something, he didn't expect. His finger went down to Nico's ribs, tickling the spot lightly.

Nico squeaked, jumping and realizing he made one of the most embarrasing sounds he's ever made. He looked up at Will, nervous.

Oh, he did not want to get tickled.

Will grinned evilly, his lip curling up in a smirk. Before Nico could think of running away, Will grabbed him by the waist, tickling him mercilessly.

Nico really tried to hold it in, he really tried. He yelped, kicking up but to no avail. Will's grip on him was stronger than he thought.

At last, he couldn't help it.

A loud laugh escaped Nico's mouth, his lips now widened into a bright smile. He threw his head back, giggling and laughing uncontrollably at the tickles. Will had to slow down, too amazed by the clear and beautiful sound he was hearing. He was in shock.

Nico removed Will's hands quickly off his body and backed away, a bright smile still lighting up his cheeks. He wasn't laughing anymore, just gasping to get his air back.

Will stared at him, his mouth in an 'o'. If it wasn't his laugh that surprised him, it was his smile.

"What?" Nico became self-conscious, thinking that maybe Will actually thought his laugh was ugly. He stopped smiling, immediately going back to his usual face.

Will shook his head, making his blonde curls bounce from side to side. A small smile rested on his lips. "Nothing, it's just that your laugh is so beautiful."

Nico felt his face heat up. He frowned, shaking his head no.

Will continued, "and your smile is everything! Its so pretty and perfect!"

Nico turned away, facing the wall again. "Stop complimenting me, Solace."

"Make me."

He heard Will stand up behind him, and walk towards him. Nico's heart began beating faster than usual, but he tried to remain looking calmly at the wall. The black metal designs were very interesting, and the beige color really popped. Yes, the wall.

He felt Will place his large hands on Nico's shoulders, and Nico gulped. Will must've heard him, because the blonde snickered and turned him around to face him again.

Looking at his pretty blue eyes, his long eyelashes, and his scattered freckles, Nico knew his heart didn't stand a chance.

Will leaned down, pressing his mouth to Nico's bottom lip and kissing it softly. His thumb traced Nico's cheek, and Nico swore he became dizzy. His eyes couldn't help but shut themselves naturally, just falling into Will's embrace. They stayed like that, just enjoying kisses for a while.

When Will pulled away, he was disappointed, and Will noticed it.

"I have to go now, but I'll see you soon, don't be sad," Will squished Nico's cheeks. He seemed to like doing that. "Remember, I have to build the plan? I need to talk to my friends for help. Ah, I also need to watch out for your future bride," Will snorted when he said that. "She sounds like a vampire for sure, but I've never seen her."

Nico nodded in understanding. Of course he knew Will had to leave, he couldn't risk anyone catching them. But he was also scared that Will would get caught on the way out.

"Ok, but be careful, don't get caught."

Will smirked again. "Me? Get caught?"

And just like that, Will disappeared through his open window in a flash.