Precious

'What in the wonderland's world were you thinking (y/n)?!'

I think to myself as the scene of my boldness replay in my mind.

"Grow up, 1st commander." I turned to walk away and met Yeosang by the 3rd house.

"Where were you?" Asks Yeosang as he walks towards me.

"I just went to settle a score with a certain commander." I say firmly and Yeosang narrows his eyes suspiciously.

"Settle score? What was it?" He asks cautiously and I raise my eyebrow.

"Just a small Repay for calling me a nuisance." A small smile fell on my lips as Yeosang left a sigh.

"Anyways go back to San's room and I'll train you.Since, you and Seonghwa hyung are not on good terms." Yeosang aims at the 4th house and I nod.

"I have a favour." My words leave my mouth and I instantly regret.

"What is it?" Yeosang raises his eyebrow and folds his arm, ready to listen to what I have to say.

"I want some paint, piece of white clothing. Practically things for sketching." Yeosang perked his ears and I smiled at him ear to ear.

"For drawing maps? Why would you need paint?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't think I'll be able to walk out of the place for a while so I expect myself to be entertained by practice and something I want to do for myself." Yeosang stared at me in shock and I chuckled at his cute face.

"You look cute, don't do that. I might kiss you." I pinch Yeosang's cheek and walk off.

It's past midnight and there is no sign of San in his room. I stare at the book in front of me.

It reminds me of the time I used to be locked in my room and my servants would bring me books from the town's library.

I sigh as the lamp flickers. The wooden window plank creaking every now and then, soft breeze moving from the south-east to the north-west.

The chains on San's door clank, indicating that someone is on the door.

I mark the page by folding the top corner and shut the book.

"Oh, you were waiting for me?" San enters and smiles as he sees the book in my hand.

"Yeah, I wanted to know where I'll be sleeping." I get up from the arm chair and walk to the book shelf, keeping the book in the place from where I removed it.

"You can take the bed, I won't be sleeping anyways." San walks to his desk and cleans it up a bit.

"What? No, you should sleep." I reject his stupid Idea as he goes to sit on his chair.

"You can't order me, don't say anything and go to sleep." He sighs and searches for some papers.

"Then you can't order me either." I walk towards his desk and look directly into his eyes.

Burning into each other's gaze.

"Stop being stubborn." San moves to grab his specs but I grab them before him.

"I'll only give them if you allow me to help you, you have done so much to me and I want to repay you.Let me help you." He stares at me and dazes in thoughts.

"Please." A soft and small voice escape my lips and san looks at me in shock.

My hands instinctly smack my lips and San chuckles.

"If you are asking so politely then how can I reject such a cute request." He grabs the specs and starts looking through the writings.

"How can I help then?" I start reading through the various medicinal herbs most of which I have never even heard of.

"Can you attach the medicine encryptions with the herbs? The herbs are written on the top left corner." I follow his instructions and tuck the pieces of papers in the wires around the bottle cap.

This went on till hours, him calling me for helping him in picking the instructed herbs and sometimes trying his weird portions...

'Not a good idea.'

I would either spit the portion out or drink a whole glass of water and San would just laugh at my reactions,Eye softening once a while.

"I'm tired..."San says as he keeps his elbow to support his head by his palm. His specs resting on his nose and his hair untidy.

'He looks so ethereal.'

The thought crosses my mind and in sudden realization, my cheeks heat up again.

'What is this weird feeling in my heart.'

"(Y/n)?" The call of my name from San's mouth made me snap out of my weird thoughts and I hummed in response.

"I said you to bring me the blue file near the bed side table..." San said with a bit of worry in his voice and I nodded.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you first." I walked as I explained.

"No, it's fine.What happened?" The girl stopped mid-way and contemplated whether she should say something or not.

She decided not to and picked a navy blue file which had a title written 'disease causes' on it.

"It's nothing Commander..." I hand him the file and he looks at it, contemplating whether to open it or not.

"It's better if you rest,It will be morning soon and you don't want your men slacking off do you?" I fold my arms as I recall the conversation between San and the first commander.

"Why are you so worked up about it? My men are hard working and Yeosang can take incharge if they slack off." His voice was hoarse and I nodded at him.Grabbing a glass of water and giving him to drink it.

"I just don't like your first commander... he's really cold to me." I pout and sit across the table as San drink the glass of water I gave him.

"He has a thing for hating government or anyone related to them." San shrugs and I nod in understanding.

"But I don't find the point of him hating me because Karma hates me and not because I'm annoying and depend on yo-" my words are cut as San puts his finger on my lip and I give him puppy eyes.

"Why is he so mean to me?!" I fake cry and fall on San's lap while he pats my head.

"It's nothing like that, you just need to gain his trust. Don't give up because of him. If he does anything to you then tell me, Yeah?" His voice starts fading and I nod slightly, his soft hands caressing my hair like I'd break any moment.

"Are you asleep?" The sweet voice chuckles then fades and my vision blacks out.

Falling into a deep slumber of nothingness .

TBC~