15 - "what happens when a person dies?"

"You have to get rid of that demon! I mean, who knows what he can do!" says Ava. She looks worried. "The only thing I want is that you are not in danger."

You're quiet for a second, but then you slowly nod your head. "What's the plan?"

"I'm proud of you! I would first ask him what happens when you die, facetime me if you have the answer!"

"Okay!" You go home.

You think about what the consequences would be if you didn't implement the plan, if Beetlejuice is still not gone, 'cause yeah, you still love him.

You walk into your house.

"Heeeeey, y/n! Where were you?" asks Beetlejuice. He wants to give you a kiss, but you laugh uncomfortably and quietly walk away from him.

"Beej, I have a question. What happens when a person dies?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Why not?"

"Well, first you get the Handbook For The Recently Deceased, it says that you have to go to the Netherworld and it says how to use the portal-"

"Wait, why aren't you in the Netherworld?"

"Well, I'm a demon, so I was born a ghost. Not only did I break the rules of The Handbook For The Recently Deceased, but I never really died." (I have no idea that this is correct  is, I did not hear it in the musical because this story is based on that.)

"But if you just die normally you have to go to the Netherworld...?"

You walk into your room. You notice that BJ wants to walk with you, but you close the door and wait until he's gone.

You call Ava.

"Ava, I have the answer."