17 - "He's just so... cute"

"Oh uh, n-nothing-" you stutter.

"We are busy with our homework. That's why I came over." Ava said.

"Can I help you?" Beetlejuice wants to sit next to you.

"Can you read?" you ask.

"Never learned, but when you read it-"

"Beetlejuice, would you leave us alone?" Ava asks.

Beetlejuice looks at you with a smile and walks away.

"Do I really have to kill him...? He's just so... cute." you ask, after a while of silence.

"If you want Beetlejuice to kill no one and you can live a normal life, YES."

You sigh and think. He is a demon, you think.

"Y/n, listen. Demons do not exist because they want to be loved, but they want back what they have missed and then it would probably be murder for Beetlejuice. You have to make sure that he goes to the Netherworld so that your family can no longer worry about you. You see, they fled because they were too scared."

"That's right..."

"So, are you going to do it?"

"I'm going to tell him when you're gone."

"Good!" Ava leaves the house.

"Hey, Beej." You walk over to Beetlejuice, who is in the kitchen trying to figure out how a fork works.

"Oh, hey, y/n/n." Beetlejuice let go of the fork, but he gets stuck in his hair because he thought, like with The Little Mermaid, that a fork was a brush.

"I am going to do it. I'm going to marry you."

Beetlejuice's mouth opens, it looks like he wants to say something but there is no sound. After a while he says: "Wha- REALLY? Do you really want to do that?" Beetlejuice looks really happy. He picks you up and gives you a kiss.

You have decided to watch Netflix again (you watch a lot of Netflix, I think I put that in the story to express my pain that I don't have Netflix). You are sitting on the couch and Beetlejuice's arm is around your shoulders.

You feel guilty about your decisions, but it is best for you