PART 80 ~ KARTIK CONFRONTS NAINA

Night

Naina's room

Naina and Kartik are talking in the confines of her room. She is very much upset with his decision about them going to India. 'Why did you tell, we both are going? You know everything, then too? Unko nahi pata hai, par tum toh jaante ho na, then why? I really don't want to go there. I am all done with him, with that place. I can't go everytime there, and broke my heart more!'

'I know everything, and that's the reason I want you to go with me there. See, we are going to share the rest of our life with each other. And honestly, I feel there is some distance between us. Aur ye duriya tab hi khatam hogi, jab tum apne past se wo blockage nikalo gi, aur iske liye tumhe waha jaana hoga. We can't start our life, until it happens. I know you have done it, but still something is there, which will prohibit us in becoming one,' he said calmly looking at her.

'I know where you are going with it. Where it's leading to. But is it really necessary? I really can't do anything. I have finished it and I have no intention. I know it was a mistake going there the second time. Agar mein nahi jaati, toh shayad..You know, I have not even seen the face of..If I would have then, I wouldn't be..I can't go back there, it's all over for me. I can't. It will give me only pain, like last time, and I can't bear it anymore,' she said between sobs.

He wipes her tears and cups her face. 'I know, but you need to fight your demons. I can support you, but it's your fight. And only, you can help yourself, no one else can. I am always there for you, and I will be always. You will have to face him and then, you might invite him for our wedding. He was your best friend, and just because things became sour between you two, you can't ignore he was your best friend once. You need to even it with him. Will you do it? Are you ready now?'

'Maybe what you are saying is right, but I need time. I can't decide like this,' she said looking at him. He nods and smiles at her, before going out from her room.

*******

Midnight

Naina is still thinking about her and Kartik's conversation. She is unable to make up her mind, on going to India or not.

Suddenly, she recalls all the past moments, some sweet and beautiful moments with her best friend Sameer, and then the memories of the night, before she left India, never to return back, and then she went back only, to get more pain, and now going back there.

What it will bring this time?

Pain or heal?

Only time will tell.