No Judgments.

Wednesday nights were your unofficial date nights. An odd night of the week maybe, but it was the only night you had to yourselves. Most nights he was at the cafe 'till late, going over orders and things and you were at school locked up in the library until they kicked you out. So Wednesdays were your day to really enjoy one another without any distractions.

Like any other Wednesday night, you'd gotten off of work at about six and immediately headed to Shawn's tiny apartment. When you got there he was looking over the same three takeaway menus like he always did, and just like every other Wednesday, he puts them down in favor of making something for the two of you himself. There wasn't much in the fridge but he always managed to whip the two of you up something nice.

For the most part, everything was going as it usually did for the two of you except something was just a hair off. Well, maybe a little more than a hair. You noticed it as soon as you stepped foot through the door when Shawn only greeted you with a brief peck on the lips and his best customer service smile. It was the same one he flashed you nearly every day at the cafe before you started dating. Part of you was offended but a bigger part of you was scared. He had been a little distant in the last couple of days. He wasn't as smiley, or excited when he talked to you. He was taking forever to respond to your text messages. And the sex? Yeah, that pretty much stopped too. It was once a daily thing if you could manage it, but he'd barely put his hands on you in four days. No matter how close to you he was, he just seemed so far away. But you shook it off. You flashed him an equally manufactured smile and made yourself at home. You went straight to his room and helped yourself to one of his t-shirts and a pair of gym shorts making the short trek back into the kitchen to help Shawn cook.

Cooking was silent, and dinner was even worse. After clearing the plates, Shawn moved to the couch, turning on the T.V without a word, and you followed behind him. It hurts that you were so surprised when he opened his arms out for you to cuddle into him. It shouldn't be a question but the way things had been going all night, you hadn't expected it. If you weren't so heartbroken and scared you'd be downright annoyed with how he's been acting. But you figured if you let him brood long enough, eventually he'd get talking. You didn't want to be the one to make the first move, in fear of it turning into a fight, but you didn't have to wait for long. Within five minutes of you being curled under his arm, he's muted the TV looking down at you with those big brown eyes.

"I wanna talk to you about something." His voice was shaky with nerves like it'd been when he picked you up for your first date, but the look on his face was all business.

"Okay," you say cautiously

He lets out a nervous cough, shifting himself on the couch nervously, as if he wasn't expecting you to be so willing to talk to him, hoping that maybe he wouldn't need to have this conversation with you even though he knows it's got to be done.

"Okay um...can you just. Come here. '' He shifted you around, placing you on his lap your knees on either side of him, his hands finding rest on your hips. You played with the hem of his shirt, anything just to distract yourself from whatever fight, or break up was about to happen. He reached for your hands, lacing them with his own. "You know how we - sometimes we get a little rough?"

This was not at all where you thought this conversation was headed. You have never known Shawn to be coy when it came to your sex life. He was the confident one, always initiating and the one with the filthy mouth. You were the one that was supposed to be shy. You don't have the mouth that Shawn does, but the same thoughts were constantly running through your head, if not filthier. But now, he was so anxious it looked like he wanted to crawl out of his skin. You wanted to interject, to say something. Anything. Mainly to hear the conversation in any other direction, but his tone and the way he was gnawing at his lip let you know this was one of those times he just needed to talk. So instead of deflecting, you just gave him a shy nod.