Request- Song bird

Song bird.

The annoying nickname Mitch relentless called you after hearing your early morning singing, once.

"Hey Song bird, lemme show you a trick!" Mitch enthusiastically ushered you over. You sighed and rolled your eyes but complied, stomping towards him in an irritated matter.

"What do you want."

"Tell me what you think of this." He swiftly pulled out his dagger. flipping it then swirling it around his fingers with ease.

He finished with a 'ta da.' Throwing the dagger into a near by bench.

"That's very impressive, but what exactly are you supposed to do with that."

He shrugged. "Kill walkers."

"You do that Mitch." You said, chuckling quietly to yourself.

Mitch watched as you and Louis laughed, although your laugh stood out to him.

He began to fidget.

It was hard to sit back and allow someone to make you so happy when he wished that was him. He dreamed of your singing and even started waking up early to hear it.

"Watch ya doing." Willy plopped down on the couch, his usual enthusiastic self.

Mitch sighed, turning his attention from your head and faced the young boy.

"Not much I guess."

"Really? You know I could help with Y/N if you want."

Mitch felt a thump in his chest.

"Shit." He muttered out loud.

"I think she likes you too." Willy said surprising Mitch.

"Doubt it." Mitch said gruffly, not wanting to continue on with the topic.

Later...

It was usual for Mitch to stay up later than everyone else. 'Mitch's meditation time.' He called it.

"Ow!"

A rock bounced off the back of his head, plummeting to the ground.

Mitch turned around, a sneer spread on his face. "What the hell Willy!" He said standing quickly and making his way to him.

"I need to show you something." Willy hushed, beckoning Mitch to follow.

They crawled around the floor of the musty hallways, the moonlight illuminated just enough to see right in front of them.

Willy abruptly stopped. He pointed to one of the many rooms of the school.

Through the crack in the door, the sound of a guitar playing could be heard. Small, strung out notes.

Then Mitch heard something. Something he didn't expect. Your voice.

"Out of all...
The bad days so far...
I could tell you...
thank you Mitch...
You made some of it worth my while.."

"Shit!" Mitch heard you yell. Then you started your song again, correcting the small endeavours.

The next day Mitch was still shocked. He tried to talk to you but every time you were there with Louis or Marlon.

Then dinner time rolled around. You had previously been talking with Ruby and Violet but they had run off. And there you were all by yourself.

"Hey Y/N." Mitch said, plonking down onto the seat.

"Oh hey Mitch, what's up."

"Not much I guess. But, I gotta talk to you." He shuffled, trying to calm his nerves.

"I heard your song last night-

Before he could finish you shot out of your seat, attempting to get away.

"Wait up." He said, grabbing your arm.

"What!" You snapped, cheeks fiery and static heart.

"I was gonna say I liked it, it was... cool."

"Oh." You said, calming yourself slightly.

"And I also think your pretty cool." Mitch said with sincerity.

You looked up into his eyes for the first time. You were nervous but it oddly felt very normal. Like something you had been saying to each other for a long time. Or had wanted to say for a long time.

"I think your pretty cool too."

————————————————————
For CupOfTaeWithAlilSuga sorry this took so long. Also sorry about that tragic song. As you can tell I wasn't born to be a muse.