5. Moving In

"Indeed what is to come will be better for you than what has gone by

"Indeed what is to come will be better for you than what has gone by." -Allah

"Come in" and my mother walked in.

"Amal, You're going to go soon so I came to have a mother and daughter talk." She said softly as she sat on the edge of my bed facing me. I nodded.

"Amal I want you to know that I'm sorry... me and your father are sorry for not being able to be with you all the time. I'm very proud of you so much. You grew up nicely and taught yourself our religion and what's right and wrong. And despite your weak heart you managed to get so wise and mature mashallah." She paused as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Mom-"

"Know that I'm proud of you for being my daughter. I just want to say, take care of yourself and I hope that I live long enough to see your children. If we one day leave this world, always remember that we love you." I was crying.

"I'm so sorry that we weren't there to see you grow up." She sobbed. The tears were just falling and I hugged her as I sobbed into her dress slightly.

"I-I don't blame you mom. I really don't so you don't have to be sorry for anything." I whispered. I never blamed my mom and dad for being busy. They worked hard and I'm proud of them.

After we calmed down, My mom decided to speak. "It's time to leave, Let's go, Omar is here."

"He's here? Why?"

Why is he here?

"To pick you up. Your father and I have to pack for tomorrow so we won't be able to give you a ride there." She said in a soft voice. " But we'll be there tomorrow." She added with a smile.

I nodded.

When we went downstairs with my luggage and backpack, I spotted Omar with dad sitting on the couch in the living room.

My father walked toward us with Omar by his side and we hugged long and hard. "Take care dear." He mourned and I hugged him harder as a reply. Eventually I pulled away and turned to mom to do the same thing.

"Bye mom." I whispered and let her go. "May Allah guard you two and bring you back to me safely."

"You too honey." Dad kissed my forehead.

"Bye honey" my mom waved with dad beside her. Omar reached for my luggage and lifted it as if it was nothing walking toward his car before he bid goodbye to mom and dad. I can't believe I'm moving in with a family I barely know. And for one whole year?! Ya Allah make this easy for me. When I opened the passenger's door I found Omar staring at me with that blue eyes of his. I felt my heart rate pick up as I sat beside him and buckled the seat belt.

He smelled good, I started to sniff in secret. I really need to stop and I just hope my heart monitor won't embarrass me. But I spoke too soon when I heard the familiar sound. I felt Omar's gaze on me. while I quickly tried to stop it which took me a few second of desperately poking my watch. When it finally stopped I glanced at Omar only to see him amused as he watched.