19

The teens were gathered at the Animal Clinic. Stiles pulled back the sheet to reveal another dead Chimera.

Theo noticed how Scott was looking at the kid and asked, "Did you know him?"

Scott nodded. "His name's Josh. He was a junior."

Stiles placed the sheet back over Josh and Lucy leaned against the wall, crossing her arms. "So, which one did it? The one with the cane?"

Theo turned to her and nodded with a smirk. "Yeah."

Stiles glared at him before looking around the room. "What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. Alright, someone's gotta stay with him."

Theo stood up. "I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Scott's phone buzzed and he looked at it weirdly.

"What?" Stiles asked.

Scott looked between his friends. "Another one. Another Chimera."

Lucy got a text from Liam telling her that Hayden was at Scott's.

They made their way to Scott's room and Scott banged on his bathroom door. "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help."

Hayden remained silent and Scott turned to Liam. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?"

Liam's voice sounded panicked. "She was okay when we got here! I went to text you and Lucy for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked.

Liam shook his head. "I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott wondered.

"She said she heard a voice saying, "Your condition improves.""

Stiles let out a sigh. "Okay, that's unsettling."

He walked to the door and knocked. "Hayden, this is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us. We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face."

Lucy motioned for Stiles to move and stood outside the door. "Hayden, it's Lucy. I know you're scared and that you want to stay in there. But you gotta face your fears and brave them."

The door clicked and opened. Hayden appeared with glowing eyes, fangs, and claws. "I believe you guys. I'll talk to only Lucy."

The boys left the room and Hayden leaned against the wall. "Are you like them?"

Lucy nodded. "Kind of. I'm a demigod."

She furrowed her brow. "Like that book series?"

"Yeah. I'm half-god, half-mortal. My dad is Hades, god of the Underworld. I can control the dead."

Hayden stepped back nervously and Lucy smiled softly. "It's scary, I know. Uh, there are both Greek and Roman demigods. The Greek camp is in New York and the Roman camp is here in California."

"So you're a Greek demigod? Why are you here?"

"Considering I said Hades and not Pluto, yes, I'm a Greek demigod. I originally came to investigate a former student of my camp director. Then, I made friends and stayed to assist with all the weird happenings. Even had to convince Chiron to let me stay."

Hayden sighed and looked at her. "I'm terrified, Lucy. I don't know what's happening to me. Everything used to be so black and white. It used to be so simple."