three

- Victoria Brooke's -

I was on my bed struggling to face the fact that my father had just left for his third tour over seas.

From Tanner: how you holding up.

To Tanner: I'm doing ok.

From Tanner: Wanna hangout to get your mind off of it?

To Tanner: I guess

From Tanner: you want me to come over or do you want to come to my house?

To Tanner: let's hang at your place. I need to do a few things on the computer while I'm over though

From Tanner: that's fine. See you in a few.

I get up from my bed and go into my closet and grab an easy outfit.

*Just the shoes and outfit

*Just the shoes and outfit. None of the accessories*

I throw it on grab my laptop and phone as well as their chargers and head out.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hey" Tanner says as I enter his room.

Tristan let me in.

"Hey" I say plopping down on his bed. "When's your mom get home"

"In like 15 minutes why" Tanner asks.

"Just wanna ask her about something" I reply.

Little did he know I had a secret up my sleeve.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hey Tori, Tanner said you wanted to talk to me" Kim says taking me into a separate room so we could talk alone.

"So I know Tanners birthday is coming up in a few days. My family knows a person, she's actually one of my moms best friend from childhood, who breeds dogs. She has a German Shepard who had puppies two and a half months ago. Are you ok with me getting him one" I state nervous on what she's going to say in response.

"I think he'd love one. Thanks for asking me before getting one, I really appreciate it. Plus Rose and Luna could use another friend around here." She responds with a smile

"I'm flying out tomorrow and Driving back actually, I was getting one for myself and thought maybe I could get him one for his birthday. After all he's always talking about how he wants one" I remark. "Would you mind if I take Taylor with me to help pick one out"

"Of course not since it's summer. Just be safe please and thank you!" She says as we walk out and I head to Taylor's room.

I knock and wait for a response.

"Come in" I hear Taylor say.

"Pack a bag with clothes for three days. We are going to Dallas to pick up Tanners present from my family, all my idea tho. Before you ask your mom already said it was ok" I say as she jumps up and gives me a hug.