12th Craft

The Murderer's Confession

"Sino ba naman kasi ang nagsabi sa'yo na bumili ka ng second hand laptop, Ayna?" bulyaw sa akin ni Ira pagkatapos kong i-kwento sa kanya lahat ng nangyari kagabi sa loob ng apartment.

It all started when I bought a second hand laptop from an old store. I was really desperate to get one so I bought it without digging further details.

My class usually ended at 7 pm. It was really hassle if I'll go to a computershop for my sideline job. Besides, I felt so lethargic and drained because of my class. I won't be able to focus if the people around me keeps on cursing or shouting while they are playing dota or any kind of online games.

So I came up to a decision of  buying a cheaper laptop that I can use for being an online English tutor.

"Wag mo ng isipin 'yan. Hayaan mo kapag nakasweldo ako, papahiramin kita ng pera para makabili ka na lang ng panibago," aniya bago pumunta sa susunod n'yang klase.

Hindi pa rin mawala sa isipin ko kung bakit may nararamdaman akong kakaiba sa laptop na 'yon. The first time I used it, parang hindi lang ako yung tao sa apartment ko. I felt that someone is watching  my every move--- the main reason why I'm always preoccupied and distracted.

Until one night, I accidentally open an unfamiliar document. The file's name says that it is owned by someone named Amanda. I became quite confused upon seeing this. The old man in the store told me that this second hand laptop that I bought was already reformatted.

How come that there's a remaining file from the old owner that was left here?

Because of too much curiosity, I opened it. Sunod na sunod na pumatak ang mga luha sa mga mata ko ng mabasa ko ang unang pahina ng kanyang dokumento.

"Ayna, ayos ka lang?" napapitlag ako ng hawakan ni Ira ang braso ko kinabukasan.

Puno ng pagtataka s'yang humarap sa akin.

"What's with that reaction? Parang nakakita ka d'yan ng multo," puna n'ya na hindi ko na lang pinansin. I was quite hesitant to tell her what I saw last night because she's too sensitive about this topic.

That night, I decided to open the horrifying document again. I felt my hand shaking, forehead sweating and legs trembling upon reading her confession.

It was year 2009, New Year's Eve when she had her first victim. Her parents are busy that time watching the fireworks display when she killed their maid. She used an icepick to stab the victim and buried her lifeless body in their yard. She was still 11 years old when she did that and I keep on wondering how she became capable of comitting such inhumane crime.

Below her detailed statement was a picture attached. Litrato 'yon ng duguan n'yang kamay habang may hawak na icepick.

The second victim was her innocent younger sister. She locked her inside their huge refrigerator until she freezed and died.

Despite the crime she committed, she wasn't given a punishment and no one, even the police discovered what she did. Maybe her parents are protecting her or worst, they are helping her to kill someone at her young age. Kaagad na umaakyat ang kaba sa dibdib ko sa tuwing makikita ko lahat ng litratong nasa ibaba ng mga taong napatay n'ya.

Sa dami ng taong napatay ni Amanda, kulang ang dalawa o tatlong gabi para mabasa ko lahat ng ginawa n'ya.

She's actually happy about what she's doing to the point that killing someone totally became her hobby.

"What the hell, Ayna? She's too scary! We should report that to the authority!" hindi ko na napigilang ikwento pa kay Ira lahat ng nalalaman ko. She told me that she will help me to report the murderer that's why we immediately proceed to the police station.