17th Craft

You're Beautiful

They used to call her Francesca, the queen and the Goddess.

While I saw her walking along the corridor, everyone was quiet and only her heels along the floor are heard around the place. Almost all of the boys here are drooling over her.

Who wouldn't?

She's like the combined beauty of Aphrodité and Psyche. 

Describing her physical characteristics made me belittle myself.

Who am I compared to her?

She has a midnight black hair plunged over her shoulders, clear skin, prominent cheekbones, full lips, pointed nose and a rapture brown eyes. She even wears branded clothes and show up in the university as if she's like a popular model or a gorgeous beauty queen.

Whenever I saw her, I am filled with envy and insecurities.

"Francesca." our class monitor called.

After Alastair called her, the whispering of my classmates started.

"Bagay na bagay talaga sila 'no? I mean, even if I like Alas, I can't hide the fact that I have no chance with him. Kung ako siguro si Francesca baka madali lang para sa'kin na magustuhan n'ya." bulong ng katabi kong si Briana na sinang ayunan naman ng iba ko pang mga kaklaseng babae na nasa likod namin.

"Sure, Alastair. I won't reject it." Francesca laughed in the most joyous and softest way.

"Did Alastair invite Francesca for a date? Wag naman sana. Masyadong mapanakit." I heard Camilla said.

I saw Alastair smiled. When Francesca left, bumalik ito sa ginagawa nya. He's sitting in our teacher's table kaya kitang kita ko yung reaksyon n'ya.

Maybe it's over. I have no chance to be with him. It's too damn impossible for us to be together.

Days passed, the rumors about them dating, spread. There's also a specific site where some students of St. Marinella posted about stolen pictures of Alastair and Francesca.

They're the number one topic of the university and I can noticed that Francesca seems like enjoying the attention she's receiving.

"Clara, may hinihintay ka ba?" napahawak ako sa dibdib ko dahil sa tanong na 'yon. Kaagad akong tumingin sa sapatos ko dahil sa matinding hiya.

"W-wala n-naman." kinakabahan kong sagot. I saw Alastair smiled. One of the reason why I fell for him.

"Can we now proceed to the library?" tanong n'ya kaya't muli na namang humataw yung matinding kaba sa dibdib ko.

"O-oo n-naman."

We're now heading our way to the library and thinking that Alastair is beside me made me the happiest. I'm really inlove with him but similar to the other girls who felt the same way for him too, my feelings was just useless. I'm not beautiful. I have scars and acne all over my face. That's why whenever I'm having a talk with Alastair, what I'm going to do is to avoid his stares and just look at the floor.

"Did you already start reviewing?" he asked when I'm uncomfortably browsing my books here in the library.

"K-kagabi. N-nagbasa lang ako." sagot ko habang iwas pa din ang tingin sa kanya.

"That's good." he replied. I don't think it's a good idea that the two of us are chosen among the 15, 000 students in our university. We're competing internationally in a mathematics quiz bee and I just hope that I won't get distracted when reviewing.